This study assessed the role of consumer protection agencies on the consumer in Nigeria using the people living in Aba. A total of 105 respondents were investigated using the cross-sectional survey research method of data collection.Data generated were presented in tables and charts for fast interpretation; analyzed by the use of simple percentages and tested using the students' t-test Analysis with SPSS version 20 applied. Although several consumer protection agencies exist, this study which focused mainly on the activities of NAFDAC and CPC discovered that several factors militate against the effectiveness of consumerism in Nigeria. Such factors include: corruption, high cost of seeking legal redress, low level of literacy, ignorance, low level of import substitution, government ownership of businesses, unresponsive government and weak consumers’ associations. It was discovered through the study that the activities of NAFDAC have encouraged healthy consumption of goods in Abia State. The study equally disclosed that the activities of CPC were known to have encouraged the protection of consumer rights in Abia State. Also, the study revealedthat there is significant difference in consumers’ ratings of the activities of NAFDAC and CPC. Based on the findings of the study, it is recommended that the consumers should be acquainted with the necessary information that can help them identify and fight for their rights at all times. This could be achieved through the media. Also, it is recommended that proper training should be given to the staff of these agencies as this will enhance their effectiveness. Moreover, loans and moral assistance should be given to firms that have been proven ethically sound to encourage further production and encourage other firms.
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.2 Objectives of the Study
1.3 Research Questions
1.4 Research Hypotheses
1.5 Scope of the Study
1.7 Significance of the Study
1.8 Operational Definition of Terms
1.9 Organization of the Study
1.10 Conceptual Framework of the Study
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Area of the Study
3.3 Population and Sample Size Determination
3.4 Sources of Data
3.5 Instrument for Data Collection
3.6 Reliability and Validity of Instruments
3.7 Method of Data Analysis
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Appendix One: Questionnaire
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2016, 10). Assessment Of The Impact Of Consumer Protection Agencies In Abia State: A Study Of Cpc And Nafdac.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 10, 2016, from https://projectstoc.com/read/8165/assessment-of-the-impact-of-consumer-protection-agencies-in-abia-state-a-study-of-cpc-and-nafdac-5238
"Assessment Of The Impact Of Consumer Protection Agencies In Abia State: A Study Of Cpc And Nafdac." ProjectStoc.com. 10 2016. 2016. 10 2016 <https://projectstoc.com/read/8165/assessment-of-the-impact-of-consumer-protection-agencies-in-abia-state-a-study-of-cpc-and-nafdac-5238>.
"Assessment Of The Impact Of Consumer Protection Agencies In Abia State: A Study Of Cpc And Nafdac.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 10 2016. Web. 10 2016. <https://projectstoc.com/read/8165/assessment-of-the-impact-of-consumer-protection-agencies-in-abia-state-a-study-of-cpc-and-nafdac-5238>.
"Assessment Of The Impact Of Consumer Protection Agencies In Abia State: A Study Of Cpc And Nafdac.." ProjectStoc.com. 10, 2016. Accessed 10, 2016. https://projectstoc.com/read/8165/assessment-of-the-impact-of-consumer-protection-agencies-in-abia-state-a-study-of-cpc-and-nafdac-5238.
- Related Works
- The Effect Of Branding On Product Marketing – A Case Study Of Unilever Nigeria Plc.
- Influence Of Product Packaging On Consumer Buying Preference (a Case Study Of Aba Metropolis)
- Impact Of Marketing Research In Small Scale Company (case Study Of Bianca Cosmetics, Enugu)
- The Problems And Prospects Of Marketing Petroleum Products In Nigeria
- The Impact Of Information And Computer Technology Ict On The Marketing Of Automobile Products In Nigeria (a Case Of Mercedes Benz Anammco Limited Enugu)
- Pipeline Transportation And Its Significance To The Marketing Of Petroleum Products In Nigeria â€“ A Case Study Of Nnpc Enugu And Port-harcourt
- Application Of Marketing Concept In Marketing Of Hair Dressing Services
- The Efficacy Of Sales Promotion In The Marketing Of Consumer Product (a Case Study Of Nigeria Bolting Company Plc Warri, Delta State)
- The Impact Of Nafdac On The Consumption Of Consumer Goods (beverage) In Nigeria
- An Evaluation Of Product Positioning Strategies In The Consumer Products Industry In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Unilever Nigeria Plc Enugu)