This research work â€œThe effects of poor office environment on the secretaryâ€™s job performanceâ€ was carried out with the overall aim of finding out the effects of poor office environment on the secretarys job performance.
Institute of management and technology was used as a case study. The data for this study was collected through the use of questionnaire and observation methods. The administered questionnaire were analysed in tabular forms use simple percentages. The out come of the study proved that the depressing and stimulating nature of most office were a ferreaching negative effects on the overall job performance of secretaries, equally small floor space and congested nature of some office does not give the secretary adequate comfort and balance to discharge their duties effectively and efficiently.
Other problems included poor reminerations, lack of necessary equipment and mose proof devices in most of the office. Based on these findings the research recommended that:
1.Office should be stimulating and comfortably furnished so as to encourage productivity and boast the moral of the secretary.
2.there should be crongh floor space and if possible separate rooms to avoid over crowding and chestier of materials which make on office to look shabby and depressed.
3.the management of the institute should establish a pension scheme and adequate remuneration its workers and in particular the secretary in order to boast their moral and encourage the to stay in their section.
4.equally necessary office equipment and stationary should be provided to the secretary.
TABLE OF CONTENT
table of content
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1.6 SCOPE / DELIMITATION
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURES
2.1 THE CONCEPT AND DEFINITION OF OFFICE AND OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
2.2 THE SECRETARY AND HER OFFICE DUTIES
2.3 HUMAN RELATIONS IN THE OFFICE
2.4 THE SECRETARY AND OTHER MEMBERS OF STAFF RELATIONSHIP
2.5 THE PHYSICAL OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
2.8 INTERIOR DECORATION AND FURNISHING
2.9 MUSIC CONDITIONING
2.10Noise â€“ Proof / control
2.11EFFECTS OF SECRETARYâ€™S PERFORMANCE DUE TO POOR OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND DESIGN
3.1 RESEARCH DESIGN
3.2 AREA OF STUDY
3.3 POPULATION OF THE STUDY
3.4 SAMPLE AND SAMPLING PROCESURES
3.6 VALIDITY OF THE INSTRUMENT
3.7 RELIABILITY OF THE RESEARCH INSTRUMENT
3.8 METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION OF THE RESEARCH INSTRUMENT
3.9 METHOD OF DATA ANALYSIS
PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA
FINDING, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION
5.4 AREA FOR FURTHER STUDIES
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 02). A Study Of Effects Of Poor Office Environment On The Secretaryâ€™s Job Performance (a Case Study Of Imt Enugu).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/743/a-study-of-effects-of-poor-office-environment-on-the-secretary-rsquo-s-job-performance-a-case-study-of-imt-enugu
"A Study Of Effects Of Poor Office Environment On The Secretaryâ€™s Job Performance (a Case Study Of Imt Enugu)." ProjectStoc.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/743/a-study-of-effects-of-poor-office-environment-on-the-secretary-rsquo-s-job-performance-a-case-study-of-imt-enugu>.
"A Study Of Effects Of Poor Office Environment On The Secretaryâ€™s Job Performance (a Case Study Of Imt Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/743/a-study-of-effects-of-poor-office-environment-on-the-secretary-rsquo-s-job-performance-a-case-study-of-imt-enugu>.
"A Study Of Effects Of Poor Office Environment On The Secretaryâ€™s Job Performance (a Case Study Of Imt Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/743/a-study-of-effects-of-poor-office-environment-on-the-secretary-rsquo-s-job-performance-a-case-study-of-imt-enugu.
- Related Works
- The Impact Of Globalization And Technology In The Teaching Of English Language In Nigeria Education
- The Effect Of Industrial Work Experience On Student In Tertiary Institution In Federal Polytechnic Oko In Anambra State
- The Contributions Of Modern Technology In The Advancement Of Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Anammco & Emenite)
- The Impact Of Secretaries In Improving The Quality Of Services Rendered By Nigerian Telecommunication Plc (nite), Enugu
- Employer Perception Of The Hnd Secretarial Graduates In Selected Companies In Enugu Urban
- The Roles Of Modern Communication Tools In The Development Of Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Manmark Limited, Enugu)
- The Role Secretaries Tool For Enhancing The Quality Of Service Rendered By Government Establishment (a Case Study Of University Of Nigeria, Enugu Campus)
- A Survey Of The Impact Of High Rate Of Failures In Shorthand In The Department Of Secretarial Studies, Benue State Polytecnic, Ugbokolo
- Identification Of The Effects Of Poor Office Environment On The Performance Of Office Workers (a Case Study Of Enugu North Local Government Council)
- A Survey Of Physical Working Conditions And Their Effects On Productivity Of The Secretaries In Some Business Establishments