This project attempted to identify the effects of computer literacy on the job performance of modern secretaries and to find out if secretaries without computer knowledge can be conveniently employed in a modern office.
The researcher used all the secretaries in NEPA Enugu Zonal office which is 75 secretaries as the population of the study. Because of the smallest of the population size, the researcher used the entire population of 75 secretaries for the study.
The instrument used for data collection was a 20-iten structured questionnaire called ECLOSEC (effects of computer literacy on secretaries) which was prepared by the researcher.
The researcher in order to get the needed result distributed questionnaire to some staff of National Electric Power Authority, NEPA Enugu zonal office which was the area of study of this project, and their responses were converted. The researcher was able to found out that there are some effects of computer literacy on modern secretaries which are speed and accuracy, neatness, easy edition, formatting and saving of documents. Also that secretaries without computer knowledge cannot be employed in a modern office
Furthermore, the researcher agreed that the major problem of secretaries is the fear that computer has come to replace them because they know fully well that without computer knowledge they would not be able to do their work perfectly in a modern office. The researcher noticed that students are not taught word processing as a serious course and this has contributed to their failure in performing their job.
It was as a result of these findings, the researcher suggested that every secretary should try hard to become computer literate by going for the training so as to secure gainful employment in a modern office.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content.
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Research question
1.6 Scope of the study
1.7 Significance of the study
REVIEW OF LITERATURE
2.1 The meaning and development of computer
2.2 Importance o computer and computer literacy
2.3 The effects of computer literacy on modern secretaries
2.4 The problems of secretaries encounter in the use of computer
2.5 Summary of the literature reviewed.
3.1 Research design
3.2 Area of the study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample and sampling procedure
3.5 Instrument for data collection
3.6 Validation of the research instrument.
3.7 Reliability of the research instrument
3.8 Methods of data collection
3.9 Method of data analysis
DATA PRESENTATION AND RESULTS
DISCUSSION OF RESULTS, IMPLICATION AND RECOMMENDATION.
5.1 Discussion of results
5.3 Implication of the research results
5.5 Suggestions for further research
5.6 Limitation of the study
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 01). An Identification Of The Effects Of Computer Literacy On Modern Secretaries In Nepa Enugu.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/689/an-identification-of-the-effects-of-computer-literacy-on-modern-secretaries-in-nepa-enugu
"An Identification Of The Effects Of Computer Literacy On Modern Secretaries In Nepa Enugu." ProjectStoc.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/689/an-identification-of-the-effects-of-computer-literacy-on-modern-secretaries-in-nepa-enugu>.
"An Identification Of The Effects Of Computer Literacy On Modern Secretaries In Nepa Enugu.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/689/an-identification-of-the-effects-of-computer-literacy-on-modern-secretaries-in-nepa-enugu>.
"An Identification Of The Effects Of Computer Literacy On Modern Secretaries In Nepa Enugu.." ProjectStoc.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/689/an-identification-of-the-effects-of-computer-literacy-on-modern-secretaries-in-nepa-enugu.
- Related Works
- The Impact Of Secretaries In Improving The Quality Of Services Rendered By Nigerian Telecommunication Plc (nite), Enugu
- Development Of Principles And Guidelines For The Implementation Of Vocational Technical Education (a Case Study Of Kaduna State Of Nigeria)
- The Impact Of Computer Studies On Business Education Studies In Higher Institutions Of Learning In Enugu State
- The Roles Of Modern Communication Tools In The Development Of Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Manmark Limited, Enugu)
- An Investigation Into The Strategies For Improving Management/staff Relationship In Tertiary Institutions
- Motivation As An Instrument For Achievement Of Higher Productivity (a Case Study Of Guaranty Trust Bank, Enugu State)
- A Survey Of Factors That Influence The Performance Of Secretaries In Private Organization In Nsukka Local Government Area Of Enugu State
- Identification Of The Effects Of Poor Office Environment On The Performance Of Office Workers (a Case Study Of Enugu North Local Government Council)
- Interpersonal/human Realtions Skills Secretaries Require For Effective Job Performance In Industries In Enugu Urban
- Identification Of The Problems Of Secretarial Studies Department In The Institute Of Management And Technology, Enugu