Record management is the making use, control and disposition of records, so that the system works efficiently and economically.
Business organizations, government ministry, educational institutions and social institutions depend upon records for their existence. There are several problems that stand in the way of achieving an efficient and effective records management in institution of higher learning.
In view of this, the researcher decided to identify some of these problems of records management in institute of management and technology in Enugu state.
The main instrument of this study was questionnaire, administered on a sample size of one hundred and fifty respondents chosen from these institutions. From the information gotten, the researcher concluded that given all other factors, the problems of records management in institution of higher learning are
Absence of well define records management policy or practice; the problems encountered in handling records or mails and inadequate storage space and equipment, the problems encountered in retrieval of disposal of records.
By these findings, the researcher gave some recommendations that may enhance records management practice and assets in offering solution to the above problems which are keeping of records retention policy of the institution by the institutions. Secondly, an efficient and effective records management department should be maintained so that records would be properly kept and handled. Also, inactive files or records should be kept in an inactive area or achieves as it costs less than keeping them among the active records. There should be periodic training and education for personnel in the records management unit of the institution. Records management personnel should made to have abroad background in business and a training information area to enable them cope with the expanding needs of business. Documents filing and records keeping should not be complex but done immediately actions are taken on them and finally, that should be adequate storage space and equipment where records should be stored.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Scope of the study
2.0 LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 An overview of records, management in institution of higher learning.
2.2 The problems of records management in institution of higher learning
2.3 Absence of well defined records management policy
2.4 Problems encountered in handling mails
2.5 Problems encountered in retrieval and disposal of records
2.6 Suggested solution to these problems
2.7 Summary of literature review
3.0 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.1 Design of the study
3.2 Area of the study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample and sampling techniques
3.5 Instrument of data collection
3.6 Method of data collection
3.7 Method of data analysis.
4.0 DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
4.1 Analysis of data
5.0 SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Summary of findings
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 02). Problems Of Records Management In Institute Of Management And Technology.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/720/problems-of-records-management-in-institute-of-management-and-technology
"Problems Of Records Management In Institute Of Management And Technology." ProjectStoc.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/720/problems-of-records-management-in-institute-of-management-and-technology>.
"Problems Of Records Management In Institute Of Management And Technology.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/720/problems-of-records-management-in-institute-of-management-and-technology>.
"Problems Of Records Management In Institute Of Management And Technology.." ProjectStoc.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/720/problems-of-records-management-in-institute-of-management-and-technology.
- Related Works
- Causes Of Conflict Between Secretaries And Bosses In Anambra State Owned Establishment (ahocol Company Awka)
- Occupational Mobility And The Effects On Secretaries Occupational Prospects (a Case Study Of Some Selected Financial Institution In Enugu Urban)
- A Comparative Study Of Secretarial Profession In Nigeria Yesterday And Today (a Case Study Of Ibeto Group Of Companies Nnewi)
- Development Of Principles And Guidelines For The Implementation Of Vocational Technical Education (a Case Study Of Kaduna State Of Nigeria)
- A Survey Into The Degree Of Usefulness Of Shorthand To Modern Secretaries (a Case Study Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc Enugu)
- A Survey Of Work Incentives Offered To The Employees Ama Breweries Limited 9th Mile Corner, Ngwo
- Factors Militating Against The Training Of Secretarial Student In Polytechnics In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Imt Enugu).
- A Survey Of The Role Of Modern Office Equipment In Modern Offices In Enugu Urban
- The Effect Of Poor Environment On The Secretary's Job Performance (a Case Study Of Federal Polytechnic Oko)
- Factors That Militate Against Efficient Performance Of Resources In Institute Of Management And Technology (i.m.t)