The degree to which computer is used in offices has been of serious concern to secretarial profession. This study investigated the impact of the introduction of the computer on the secretarial profession and how the secretarial react to the introduction of computer.
In order to arrive at a conclusive decision on the above objective, the researcher carried out a library research, interviews and questionnaires.
The populations of this study consisted of hundred secretaries in some selected banking institutions namely; First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Okpara Avenue, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, Uwani and Abakpa Nike Community Banking Limited. Questionnaire and Oral interview were used to collect data.
The statistical tools used are average and percentage. When the data was analyzed, it was found that secretaries do not react adversely to the introduction of computer in their offices, computer have created new skills for the secretary and have added some spices to their work. With the acquisition of such skills, secretaries are now seen as indispensable tool in the office, thus giving them good professional status. And it was recommended that secretaries should develop attitudes and learning skills that would enable them to take advantage of new opportunity.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
Background of the study
1.1Statement of problem
1.2Purpose of the Study
1.4Significance of the study
1.5Delimitation of the study
1.6Definition of terms
2.1Perspective on Computer
2.2Computer and organizational output/productivity
2.3Computer and workload
2.4Computer and workers health
2.5Computer and redundancy
2.6Synthesis of literature
3.1Area of Study
3.4Sample and sampling technique
3.5Instrument for data collection
3.6Method of gathering and Administering of data
3.7Validation of research
3.8Method of data analysis
Summary of findings, conclusion,
5.1Summary of findings
5.4Suggestion topics for further research
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 01). The Impact Of The Introduction Of The Computer On The Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Selected Banks In Enugu Metropolis).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/631/the-impact-of-the-introduction-of-the-computer-on-the-secretarial-profession-a-case-study-of-selected-banks-in-enugu-metropolis
"The Impact Of The Introduction Of The Computer On The Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Selected Banks In Enugu Metropolis)." ProjectStoc.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/631/the-impact-of-the-introduction-of-the-computer-on-the-secretarial-profession-a-case-study-of-selected-banks-in-enugu-metropolis>.
"The Impact Of The Introduction Of The Computer On The Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Selected Banks In Enugu Metropolis).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/631/the-impact-of-the-introduction-of-the-computer-on-the-secretarial-profession-a-case-study-of-selected-banks-in-enugu-metropolis>.
"The Impact Of The Introduction Of The Computer On The Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Selected Banks In Enugu Metropolis).." ProjectStoc.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/631/the-impact-of-the-introduction-of-the-computer-on-the-secretarial-profession-a-case-study-of-selected-banks-in-enugu-metropolis.
- Related Works
- Problems Of Records Management In Institute Of Management And Technology
- The Study Of The Effect Of Managers Leadership Style On The Secretaryâ€™s Productivity (a Case Study Of Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited)
- Factors That Militate Against Efficient Performance Of Resources In Institute Of Management And Technology (i.m.t)
- The Role Secretaries Tool For Enhancing The Quality Of Service Rendered By Government Establishment (a Case Study Of University Of Nigeria, Enugu Campus)
- Occupational Changes And The Adverse Effects On The Secretary (a Case Study Of Some Selected Establishment In Enugu Urban)
- Factors Militating Against The Training Of Secretarial Student In Polytechnics In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Imt Enugu).
- The Influence Of Communication Equipment On The Efficiency Of The Secretary (a Case Study Of Nbl/ama Greenfield 9th Mile Corner Enugu)
- The Death Of Technological Equipment And Effect On Secretarial Job Performance On Ministries In Anambra State
- Impact Of Motivation Of Workers In Some Selected Organization (a Case Study Of Emenite Limited Enugu)
- The Study Of The Effects Of Stress On Modern Secrearies In Nepa Zonal Headquarters Enugu