The degree to which computer is used in offices has been of serious concern to secretarial profession. This study investigated the impact of the introduction of the computer on the secretarial profession and how the secretarial react to the introduction of computer.
In order to arrive at a conclusive decision on the above objective, the researcher carried out a library research, interviews and questionnaires.
The populations of this study consisted of hundred secretaries in some selected banking institutions namely; First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Okpara Avenue, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, Uwani and Abakpa Nike Community Banking Limited. Questionnaire and Oral interview were used to collect data.
The statistical tools used are average and percentage. When the data was analyzed, it was found that secretaries do not react adversely to the introduction of computer in their offices, computer have created new skills for the secretary and have added some spices to their work. With the acquisition of such skills, secretaries are now seen as indispensable tool in the office, thus giving them good professional status. And it was recommended that secretaries should develop attitudes and learning skills that would enable them to take advantage of new opportunity.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
Background of the study
1.1Statement of problem
1.2Purpose of the Study
1.4Significance of the study
1.5Delimitation of the study
1.6Definition of terms
2.1Perspective on Computer
2.2Computer and organizational output/productivity
2.3Computer and workload
2.4Computer and workers health
2.5Computer and redundancy
2.6Synthesis of literature
3.1Area of Study
3.4Sample and sampling technique
3.5Instrument for data collection
3.6Method of gathering and Administering of data
3.7Validation of research
3.8Method of data analysis
Summary of findings, conclusion,
5.1Summary of findings
5.4Suggestion topics for further research
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 01). The Impact Of The Introduction Of The Computer On The Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Selected Banks In Enugu Metropolis).. Afribary.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/631/the-impact-of-the-introduction-of-the-computer-on-the-secretarial-profession-a-case-study-of-selected-banks-in-enugu-metropolis
"The Impact Of The Introduction Of The Computer On The Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Selected Banks In Enugu Metropolis)." Afribary.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/631/the-impact-of-the-introduction-of-the-computer-on-the-secretarial-profession-a-case-study-of-selected-banks-in-enugu-metropolis>.
"The Impact Of The Introduction Of The Computer On The Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Selected Banks In Enugu Metropolis).." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/631/the-impact-of-the-introduction-of-the-computer-on-the-secretarial-profession-a-case-study-of-selected-banks-in-enugu-metropolis>.
"The Impact Of The Introduction Of The Computer On The Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Selected Banks In Enugu Metropolis).." Afribary.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/631/the-impact-of-the-introduction-of-the-computer-on-the-secretarial-profession-a-case-study-of-selected-banks-in-enugu-metropolis.
- Related Works
- A Comparative Analysis Of The Attitudes Of Males And Females Students Towards Shorthand Course In The Institute Of Management And Technology, Enugu Enugu State
- A Study Of Effects Of Frustration On Nigerian Secretaries (a Case Study Of Coal Corporation Enugu)
- An Investigation Into The Challenges Of Modern Automation On The Job Performance Of Secretaries In Financial Houses In Enugu North Local Government Area
- Effects Of Communication Barriers In Achieving Organizational Goals In Niger Gass, Ememe Enugu
- Effect Of Industrial Training Scheme On The Training Of Office Managers In Selected Tertiary Institutions In South East Zone Of Nigeria
- A Survey Of The Problems And Prospects Of Bilingual Secretaries In An Organisation (a Case Study Of The Alliance Francaise Owerri)
- A Survey Of Problems Of Cybercafe In Delta State, Nigeria (a Case Study Of 80 Cybercafes In Asaba)
- A Survey Of Occupational Challenges Facing Secretaries In The Enugu State Civil Service. (case Studies Of Ministry Of Education And Works)
- A Study Of The Role And Performance Effectiveness Of Professional Secretaries In Selected Government Parastals In Enugu Metropolis
- A Survey Of Problems Associated With The Teaching And Learning Of Shorthand And Typewriting At Both The I.m.t And Osisatech Polytechnics, Enugu