Employers perception of the HND Secretarial graduates in the selected companies as titled this research work has through the introduction expressed the statement of problems eg, why are HND Secretarial graduates left to be roaming about the street. Why are HND holders always been left employed? Why are they always placed at the subordinate position etc and purposely find out how employers of labour perceive the HND secretarial graduates : to find out the effects of these treatment by employers of labour on HND Secretarial Graduates and other employers unfriendly attributes towards these graduates.
Using the questionnaire methodology of data collection at a total of 110 questionnires administered and collected and using analystical tools such as tables and percentages. The findings indicate that HND secretarial graduates are perceived in different ways by employers like, saying that they are intrained graduates, executive assistant shorthand typists etc. also employers were of the opinion that HND Secretarial graduates should possess personal qualities. Employers use interview and selection tests as the tools for selection of secretaries and also have unfriendly attitudes towards their secretaries like nicknaming and abusing them. Based on the above, the study recommends that employers should stop abusing their secretaries in order to raise their morale in their work places, emphasis should not be placed on the possession of shorthand and typewriting fot eh selection of secretaries, etc.
In conclusion, the attitude of employers of labour towards the HND Secretarial graduates goes to show that employers neglect the profession not knowing what it takes to train a HND Secretarial graduate, hence the issue of roaming about the street unemployed can be anested if the recommendations are implemented.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Certification or Approval page
Table of contents
List of tables
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Scope or delimitation of the study
1.6 Research question
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1 The secretarial graduate
2.2 Origin of secretarial profession
2.3 The roles of a secretary
2.4 Summary of related literature
3.1 Research methodology
3.2 Research design
3.3 Area of the study
3.4 Population of the study
3.5 Sample and sampling procedure
3.6 Instrument for data collection
3.7 Reliability of the research instrument
3.8 Validation of the research instrument
3.9 Method of administration of the research instrument
3.10Method of data analysis
4.1 Data presentation and results
4.2 Summary of results/ findings
DISCUSSION, IMPLICATION: RECOMMENDATION
5.1 Discussion of results
5.3 Implications of the results
5.5 Suggestion for further research
5.6 Limitation of the study
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 02). Employer Perception Of The Hnd Secretarial Graduates In Selected Companies In Enugu Urban.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/756/employer-perception-of-the-hnd-secretarial-graduates-in-selected-companies-in-enugu-urban
"Employer Perception Of The Hnd Secretarial Graduates In Selected Companies In Enugu Urban." ProjectStoc.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/756/employer-perception-of-the-hnd-secretarial-graduates-in-selected-companies-in-enugu-urban>.
"Employer Perception Of The Hnd Secretarial Graduates In Selected Companies In Enugu Urban.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/756/employer-perception-of-the-hnd-secretarial-graduates-in-selected-companies-in-enugu-urban>.
"Employer Perception Of The Hnd Secretarial Graduates In Selected Companies In Enugu Urban.." ProjectStoc.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/756/employer-perception-of-the-hnd-secretarial-graduates-in-selected-companies-in-enugu-urban.
- Related Works
- The Roles Of Modern Communication Tools In The Development Of Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Manmark Limited, Enugu)
- The Effect Of Modern Office Automation On The Productivity Of Secretaries In Government Parastatals In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Unth, Enugu)
- An Investigation Into The Contributions Of Personal Secretaries To The Operational Success Of The First Bank Plc, Enugu Urban
- Identification Of The Problems Of Secretarial Studies Department In The Institute Of Management And Technology, Enugu
- Causes Of Occupational Change In Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Institute Of Management And Technology (imt) Enugu.
- The Secretary And The Effects Of New Office Technologies On Record Keeping Management (in Some Selected Establishments In Enugu State)
- The Role Of Professional Secretaries In Commercial Bank In Enugu Urban And A Case Study Of Afribank Plc
- The Impact Of The Internet On Secretarial Studies In Selected Business Organisations In Enugu Metropolis
- Impact Of Working Conditions On Performance Of Professional Secretaries (a Case Study Of Anamco Emene, Enugu)
- The Roles Of A Secretary In An Bank Administration (a Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc)