This study examined the problems encountered by secretaries in some selected banks in Enugu metropolis.
A total of eighty-eight questionnaires were administered to eighty-eight secretaries in these banks. After the analysis, the researcher made some findings with respect to the sample population studies.
â€¢That secretaries are nit paid the same salary grade level as their counterparts in other profession.
â€¢Hat secretaries are not allowed to make use of their initiatives in carrying out their duties.
â€¢That secretaries are discriminated in terms of promotions.
â€¢That secretaries do not enjoy training opportunities as their counterparts in other professions etc.
It was also found that the likely effects of these problems include: Low productivity, Poor quality jobs, Lack of job satisfactions and so on.
Some recommendations were made on what could be done so as to enhance the prospects of these secretaries. In the light of the above, it was recommended that the secretaryâ€™s duties and responsibilities be matched with their qualifications and training.
It was also recommended that adequate salaries, job satisfaction, job enrichment programmes and opportunity for retraining, seminars, conference and professional memberships be provided for them so as to enhance their job satisfaction, espirit de corps, rapport and work performance.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problems
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Research question
1.5 Significance of the study
1.6 Delimitation of the study
2.1 Brief history of secretaries
2.2 Categories of secretary
2.3 Attributes of secretary
2.4 Occupational mobility and the adverse effect on secretaries.
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
3.1 Research design
3.2 Area of the study
3.3 Population of study
3.4 The sample size
3.5 Method of distribution of questionnaire
3.6 The research instrument used
3.7 Validity of the instrument used
3.8 Method of administration and collection of questionnaire
3.9 Method of data analysis.
PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
4.1 Relevance of responses to the research question
4.2 Interpretation of data
DISCUSSIONS OF FINDINGS, SUMMARY OF FINDING, RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSION
5.1 Summary of findings
5.4 Limitation of the study
5.5 Area for further research.
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 01). Occupational Mobility And The Effects On Secretaries Occupational Prospects (a Case Study Of Some Selected Financial Institution In Enugu Urban).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/703/occupational-mobility-and-the-effects-on-secretaries-occupational-prospects-a-case-study-of-some-selected-financial-institution-in-enugu-urban
"Occupational Mobility And The Effects On Secretaries Occupational Prospects (a Case Study Of Some Selected Financial Institution In Enugu Urban)." ProjectStoc.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/703/occupational-mobility-and-the-effects-on-secretaries-occupational-prospects-a-case-study-of-some-selected-financial-institution-in-enugu-urban>.
"Occupational Mobility And The Effects On Secretaries Occupational Prospects (a Case Study Of Some Selected Financial Institution In Enugu Urban).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/703/occupational-mobility-and-the-effects-on-secretaries-occupational-prospects-a-case-study-of-some-selected-financial-institution-in-enugu-urban>.
"Occupational Mobility And The Effects On Secretaries Occupational Prospects (a Case Study Of Some Selected Financial Institution In Enugu Urban).." ProjectStoc.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/703/occupational-mobility-and-the-effects-on-secretaries-occupational-prospects-a-case-study-of-some-selected-financial-institution-in-enugu-urban.
- Related Works
- The Study Of The Effects Of Stress On Modern Secrearies In Nepa Zonal Headquarters Enugu
- A Survey Of The Factors Responsible For Student Poor Performance In Shorthand In Polytechnics In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Institute Of Management And Technology And Our Saviour Institute Of Science Agriculture And Technology Enugu)
- The Factors That Affect Performance Of Secretaral Career In Some Selected Organizations In Enugu Capital Territory
- The Causes And Effects Of Frustration On Nigeria Secretaries (a Case Study Of Nigerian Breweries Plc 9th Mile Corner Enugu)
- A Survey Into The Degree Of Usefulness Of Shorthand To Modern Secretaries (a Case Study Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc Enugu)
- Application Of Shorthand Skill In Todayâ€™s Business Offices
- The Effects Of Human Relations Policies On The Performance Of Secretaries In Emenite Plc And Amah Breweries Ngwo
- An Assessment Of The Effectiveness Of Relationship Marketing In Enhancing Company Performance (a Case Study Of Uba Plc)
- The Impact Of Computer Studies On Business Education Studies In Higher Institutions Of Learning In Enugu State
- A Survey Of Factors That Influence The Performance Of Secretaries In Private Organization In Nsukka Local Government Area Of Enugu State