The functions of the sectary has changed drastically at present due to largely to the the introduction of modern automation in offices. The use of new machines like computers, facsimile, automatic typewriters, word processes etc has generated new business abilities and new job opportunities for secretaries.
However, it is also feared that this has posed a lot of challenges to secretaries. Hence the need for this research work which statement of the problems has to do with.
1.To determine the effect modern automation have on secretaries, in other word dos the introduction of modern automation pose challenges on the effectiveness of secretaries.
2.To determine whether the introduction of these automation constitute something to fear about by secretaries. Or is this innovation blessing for them. Guided by these, the researcher set out the objectives or the research questions to include:
1.To ascertain whether modern automation pose challenges to secretaries who prior preparation in their operations.
2.To determine whether secretaries who had no previous preparation in the manipulation of modern automation encounter problems
3.To find out whether secretaries are exposed to training and retraining to meet challenges in modern automation.
Relying on data collected from five giant financial houses in Enugu North Local Government Area that was used as a case study, the researcher made use of the primary data that involved the designing and sending out of questionnaire. Tables were drawn to analyze responses in percentages.
Result of finding from the analysis sustain no challenge for research question I, problems for research II and yes for research question II. In the final analysis appropriate recommendations regarding the finding were made.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content.
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problems
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Definition of terms
1.8 Definitions of terms
2.1 An overview of the secretary
2.2 The acquired competence of secretaries in institution of Higher learning
2.3 Modern automation and challenges
2.4 Empirical/theoretical approach on the challenges of automation
2.5 The duties/roles and importance of a secretary
3.1 Research design
3.2 Area of study
3.3 Population of study
3.4 Sample size
3.5 Sources of data collection
3.6 Method of data analysis
3.7 Establishment of validity of the instrument
3.8 Establishment of reliability of the instrument.
PRESENTATION AND SUMMARY OF RESULTS/FINDINGS
4.1 Presentation of respondents by sex and branch
4.2 Analysis of data
SUMMARY, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 01). An Investigation Into The Challenges Of Modern Automation On The Job Performance Of Secretaries In Financial Houses In Enugu North Local Government Area.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/702/an-investigation-into-the-challenges-of-modern-automation-on-the-job-performance-of-secretaries-in-financial-houses-in-enugu-north-local-government-area
"An Investigation Into The Challenges Of Modern Automation On The Job Performance Of Secretaries In Financial Houses In Enugu North Local Government Area." ProjectStoc.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/702/an-investigation-into-the-challenges-of-modern-automation-on-the-job-performance-of-secretaries-in-financial-houses-in-enugu-north-local-government-area>.
"An Investigation Into The Challenges Of Modern Automation On The Job Performance Of Secretaries In Financial Houses In Enugu North Local Government Area.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/702/an-investigation-into-the-challenges-of-modern-automation-on-the-job-performance-of-secretaries-in-financial-houses-in-enugu-north-local-government-area>.
"An Investigation Into The Challenges Of Modern Automation On The Job Performance Of Secretaries In Financial Houses In Enugu North Local Government Area.." ProjectStoc.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/702/an-investigation-into-the-challenges-of-modern-automation-on-the-job-performance-of-secretaries-in-financial-houses-in-enugu-north-local-government-area.
- Related Works
- Staff Disengagement And Its Effect On The Morale Of Workers (a Case Study Of Federal, Radio Corporation Of Nigeria, Enugu)
- The Death Of Technological Equipment And Effect On Secretarial Job Performance On Ministries In Anambra State
- A Survey Of The Factors Responsible For Student Poor Performance In Shorthand In Polytechnics In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Institute Of Management And Technology And Our Saviour Institute Of Science Agriculture And Technology Enugu)
- Application Of The Marketing Concept In The Banking Service (a Case Study Of Commercial Banks In Owerri Municipal Owerri Imo State)
- A Survey Into The Degree Of Usefulness Of Shorthand To Modern Secretaries (a Case Study Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc Enugu)
- An Investigation Into The Consequences Of Office Technologies In Secretarial Education Curriculum In Nigerian Polytechnics (a Case Study Of Institute Of Management And Technology, Enugu)
- Causes Of Conflict Between Secretaries And Bosses In Anambra State Owned Establishment (ahocol Company Awka)
- The Impact Of Information Technology On The Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Selected Business Organizations
- The Causes And Effects Of Frustration On Nigeria Secretaries (a Case Study Of Nigerian Breweries Plc 9th Mile Corner Enugu)
- A Survey Of The Problems And Prospects Of Bilingual Secretaries In An Organisation (a Case Study Of The Alliance Francaise Owerri)