This project research was aimed to examine the management and activities of the Anammco workerâ€™s multipurpose co-operative society limited, which is located in Emene, Enugu state.
The study is aimed at looking into the aims and objectives of the society, origin and membership, social and business activities; sources of finance of the society; financial benefits to members, assets and liabilities of the society and problems facing the society.
The information gathered from this study was both from primary and secondary sources.
In selecting respondents, the stratified random sampling method was used. the respondents were the official and members of Anammco workerâ€™s multi-purpose co-operative society limited.
Questionnaires and oral interviews were used to obtain the required response from the respondents. The data gathered were systematically analyzed, the present management and activities of the Anammco workerâ€™s co-operative society was revealed through the data analysis.
The finding revealed that officers who are democratically elected annually manage the society.
The business activities of the society include granting loans to her members at a reasonable rate, selling of good quality products at the societyâ€™s consumerâ€™s shop.
The social activities in which the society is engaged includes giving her members some form of bonuses or gifts especially during festival seasons; providing help to her members during marriages, funerals, naming ceremonies, accommodation, medical expenses, etc.
The major sources of finance for the society includes thrift savings, interests from loans granted to members, levies paid by members and also from the mother company, i.e, the Anambra Motoring Company (ANAMMCO).
It was also noted that the society kept some books and records of which include committee General minutes book, memberâ€™s register, cash book, personal ledger and attendance register. Also the study revealed that the society is faced with some problems such as macro and micro factors (effects) effecting the economy, poor government support, etc.
The study made the following recommendations of which includes constant education of both the management and members of the society, establishing a properly equipped consumers shop, the need of more co-operative field officers, electing honest loyal officers, constant evaluation of the societyâ€™s aims and objectives. These and many more will help to add life as well as activate the management and activities of the ANAMMCO workerâ€™s co-operative society limited.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.2Statement of the problems
1.3Significance of the study
1.4Objective of the study
1.5Scope and Limitations of the Study
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1Field Activities undertaken by the Anammco Workerâ€™s Multipurpose Co-operative Society Limited.
2.1.1Credit and Thrift Savings.
2.1.2Workers need to save
2.1.3Workerâ€™s need to borrow
2.1.4Workerâ€™s need to invest their savings/money.
2.1.2Operating a consumerâ€™s co-operative store.
2.2The objectives and activities of the ANAMMCO workerâ€™s multipurpose co-operative society Ltd.
2.2.1Economic activities for meeting the needs of ANAMMCO workerâ€™s multipurpose co-operative society Ltd.
2.2.5National and International Economic co-operation.
2.3The mode of operation and management of co-operative society
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
3.1Historical Background/Overview of multipurpose co-operative society in Eastern Nigeria
3.3Sources of Data
3.4Population of the study
PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
4.1Aims and objectives of the society
4.2Origin and membership
4.3Social and business activities
4.4Source of the finance
4.5Record books of the society
4.6Financial benefits to members
4.7Assets and liabilities of the society
4.8Problems facing the society
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 12). An Appraisal Of The Activities And Management Methods Of Anamco Workers Multi-purpose Co-operative Society, Enugu.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/584/an-appraisal-of-the-activities-and-management-methods-of-anamco-workers-multi-purpose-co-operative-society-enugu
"An Appraisal Of The Activities And Management Methods Of Anamco Workers Multi-purpose Co-operative Society, Enugu." ProjectStoc.com. 12 2012. 2012. 12 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/584/an-appraisal-of-the-activities-and-management-methods-of-anamco-workers-multi-purpose-co-operative-society-enugu>.
"An Appraisal Of The Activities And Management Methods Of Anamco Workers Multi-purpose Co-operative Society, Enugu.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 12 2012. Web. 12 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/584/an-appraisal-of-the-activities-and-management-methods-of-anamco-workers-multi-purpose-co-operative-society-enugu>.
"An Appraisal Of The Activities And Management Methods Of Anamco Workers Multi-purpose Co-operative Society, Enugu.." ProjectStoc.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/584/an-appraisal-of-the-activities-and-management-methods-of-anamco-workers-multi-purpose-co-operative-society-enugu.
- Related Works
- How To Improve Agricultural Production Through Co-operative (a Case Study Of Ndokwa West Local Government Area Of Delta State)
- Increasing The Agricultural Output Through The Activities Of Co-operative Societies In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Selected Agricultural Societies In Igbo Etiti L.g.a, Enugu State)
- The Potentials For A Co-operative Thrift Credit Society In A Higher Education Institution (a Case Study Of I.m.t, Enugu)
- Benefits Of Cooperative Societies To Staff Of Federal Establishments In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Staffs Cooperative Thrift And Loan Society Limited, Enugu)
- The Role Of Co-operative Federations In National Development (a Case Study Of Enugu State Co-operatives Federation Enugu)
- A Study Of The Activities Of International Cooperative Alliance (ica) In Regional Office Of West Africa, Asia And The Pacific
- The Formation/registration Of A Co-operative Societies In Enugu State (a Case Study Of The Procedure Involved In Registering A Co-operative Societies In Enugu State)
- The Importance Of Studing Economics Of Co-operation As A Qualifying Subject For The Award Of O.n. D In Business Studies (a Case Study Of Institute Of Management And Technology (imt) Cem Department.)
- Co-operative And Economic Development [a Case Study Of Oji-river Local Government Area 2000-2004]
- Effectiveness Of Cooperatives In Coffee Value Chain: An Analysis In Sasiga District Of Oromia Region, Ethiopia