This project work was on the distribution management in brewery industry (A case study of Nigeria Brewery Plc).
The objectives of the study were:
To ascertain whether the company has sufficient number of functional distribution vans.
To find out if the company have dependable source of raw material from the objectives of the study for hp were formulated.
Literature review was carried out on related materials, handbooks and journals.
The population of study were the staff, distributors and customers to the company.
Simple randomly sampling technique was used to determine the sample size in order to reduce the error of bias and every member of the population have equal chance of being selected. Questionnaires were used to elicit data from respondents, simple tables and percentages were used to analysis data.
From the analysis it was discovered that:
Nigeria breweries maintained only one central warehouse in the factory promises which permit more rapid adjustments to changes.
The major problems facing the company is in the area of transportation in view of this:
1) It was recommended that top management should ensure that a distribution system is predicated upon clearly defined aims and objectives.
2) The need for periodic critical appraisal of their distribution state with a view to identifying the factors that inhibits their effectiveness was suggested.
These measures will help improve the distribution system of the company.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Title Page II
Approval page III
List of tables
Table of content VIII
1.1 Background of the study 1
1.2 Statement of problem 10
1.3 Objectives of the study 11
1.4 Formulation of hypothesis 11
1.5 Significance of the study 12
1.6 Scope of the study 14
1.7 Limitation of the study 15
1.8 Definition of terms 18
2.0 Development and growth of the brewery industry in Nigeria 26
2.1 Physical distribution objectives and policies 30
2.2 Development distribution strategy 35
2.3 Major components/decisions in physical distribution 38
2.4 Physical distribution efficiency and profit. 43
2.5 Control of physical distribution in the brewery industries. 45
3.0 Research design and methodology 48
Area and design of the study 48
3.1 Sources of data 54
3.2 Population of the study
3.3 Determination of the sample size
4.0 Data presentation, analysis and interpretation 69
4.1 Presentation and interpretation of data 69
4.2 Test of hypothesis 86
5.0 Summary of findings, recommendation and conclusion
5.1 Summary of findings 100
5.2 Recommendation 103
5.3 Conclusion 107
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 11). Physical Distribution Management In Brewery Industries (a Case Study Of Nigeria Brewery Plc).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/4668/physical-distribution-management-in-brewery-industries-a-case-study-of-nigeria-brewery-plc-7235
"Physical Distribution Management In Brewery Industries (a Case Study Of Nigeria Brewery Plc)." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2014. 2014. 11 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/4668/physical-distribution-management-in-brewery-industries-a-case-study-of-nigeria-brewery-plc-7235>.
"Physical Distribution Management In Brewery Industries (a Case Study Of Nigeria Brewery Plc).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2014. Web. 11 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/4668/physical-distribution-management-in-brewery-industries-a-case-study-of-nigeria-brewery-plc-7235>.
"Physical Distribution Management In Brewery Industries (a Case Study Of Nigeria Brewery Plc).." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2014. Accessed 11, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/4668/physical-distribution-management-in-brewery-industries-a-case-study-of-nigeria-brewery-plc-7235.
- Related Works
- Promotion As A Strategic Instrument In The Marketing Of Malt Drinks (a Study Of Guinness Nigeria Plc, Enugu Metropolis)
- The Impact Of Transportation Cost On Consumers Retail Goods Prices. (a Case Study Of Garriki Market, Enugu South Local Government Enugu State).
- Consumer Brand Preference In The Purchase Of Beverage In Enugu Metropolis
- The Problems And Prospects Of Marketing Petroleum Products In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Nnpc Nigeria)
- The Impact Of Information And Computer Technology Ict On The Marketing Of Automobile Products In Nigeria (a Case Of Mercedes Benz Anammco Limited Enugu)
- The Effectiveness Of Personal Selling Strategies In Marketing Of Capital Goods Case Study Of Anamco Ltd Enugu
- The Impact Of Product Differentiation Strategy On Sales Performance Of Communication Firm. ( A Case Study Of Glo Nig. Ltd)
- Impact Of Marketing Research In A Small Scale Company (a Case Study Of Juhel Pharmaceutical Enugu)
- The Impact Of Segmentation On Customer Satisfaction (a Case Study Of Mtn In Enugu Metropolis)
- Product Portfolio Analysis And The Growth Of Small And Medium Scale Enterprises In Nigeria: The Akwa Ibom State Experience