According to N. C. Abah, motivation is the mind to do a thing because that thing has meaning to the person doing it. (N. C. Abah 1997: 115).
Also Emma E. O. Chukwuemeka said that for an individual to be motivated, he must believe that an act on his part must be followed by a given outcome. (Chukwuemeka 1998: 171). Motivation has been defined in terms of how behaviour get started and how it is sustained, is directed, stopped and how it is sustained, is directed stopped and what kind of subjective reaction is present in the organism while all this is going on. (Jonesty Rored) Nebraska symposium on motivation as quoted by N. C. Chantsl pg 97 in his book public personnel and Administration).
The relationship between motivation and productivity is the backbone of this research work. The project is an arduous attempt to study the productivity, using Enugu State University of Science and Technology, (ESUT) as a test group. Specifically, the research intends to isolate and analyse the motivational techniques employed by analyse the motivational techniques employed by the mentioned university to solicit workers co-operation.
Methodologically, this study is descriptive and pattern of descriptive analysis is based on answers to certain research questions formulated by the researcher.
Statistically tool of the chi-square (x2) is used in analyzing the views of the respondents, the high lights drawn thereof;
1.Promotion of the Enugu State University of Science and Tec is a factor of Educational qualification and handwork.
2.The workers â€“ boss relationship affects the overall productivity of the organisation.
3.Bureaucratic processes do not prevent the formulating and implementing effective staff maintenance technique.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
List of tables
1.1Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Scope of the study
1.5 Significance of the study
1.6 Definition of terms
Review of Related Literature
2.2Motivation â€“ A theoretical discourse
2.3Abraham Maslow Hierarchy of need theory
2.4Fredrick Herzbergâ€™s two-factor theory
2.5Douglas Mcgregorâ€™s Theory X and Theory Y
2.6The concept of productivity
2.7Enugu State University of Science and Technology; background information.
2.8The governance of the university
2.10Motivation in Enugu State University of Science and Technology
2.13Summary of the literature reviewed
3.1 Research design
3.2Area of the study
3.3Population of the study
3.4Sample and sampling procedure
3.5Instrument for data collection
3.6Validation of the instrument
3.7Reliability of the study
3.8Method of data collection
3.9Method of data analysis
Data presentation and analysis
Discussion, implications and recommendation
5.1Discussion of results
5.3Implication of the result
5.5Suggestion for further research
5.6Limited of the study
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Employee Motivation And Productivity (a Case Study Of Esut, Enugu).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/389/employee-motivation-and-productivity-a-case-study-of-esut-enugu
"Employee Motivation And Productivity (a Case Study Of Esut, Enugu)." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/389/employee-motivation-and-productivity-a-case-study-of-esut-enugu>.
"Employee Motivation And Productivity (a Case Study Of Esut, Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/389/employee-motivation-and-productivity-a-case-study-of-esut-enugu>.
"Employee Motivation And Productivity (a Case Study Of Esut, Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/389/employee-motivation-and-productivity-a-case-study-of-esut-enugu.
- Related Works
- Motivation A Success Factor In Organization (a Case Study Of Anammco Nigeria Limited)
- The Contribution Of Oil Companies To The Development Of Port Harcourt Local Government And Ogoni Local Government Areas In River State
- Problems And Prospect Of Marketing Petroleum Product In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (nnpc)
- The Impact Of Employees Participation In Decision Making And Organisational Productivity (a Case Study Of Anammco Company Enugu)
- The Effect Of The Introduction Of Computer Into Business Organizations In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Golden Investment, Enugu)
- Reasons For Low Productivity In Agro-based Industries In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Sunrise Floor Mill Emene)
- Choice Of Industrial Site (a Case Study Of Anambra State, Nigeria)
- Impact Of Budget And Budgetary Control (a Case Study Of Morris Fertilizer Company Minna, Nigeria State)
- Production Methods And Problems Of Proda (a Case Study Of Proda Enugu)
- Impact Of Internal Control To An Organization (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Enugu)