The purpose of this study is to determine the problems and prospects of establishing garri processing industry at Ugbene in Abakpa, Enugu Metropolis.
In carrying out the study, care was therefore taken to ensure that relevant and adequate date were collected and analysed. Thus, the researcher obtained such data from primary and secondary sources.
The research method adopted was the survey method in which the sample was selected through random sampling. The data collection instrument included questionnaire and interview as well as the library.
After analyzing the data the following findings were made:
The existing garri industry at Ugbene in Abakpa, Enugu locality is dominated by small scale processors producing for personal consumption and for sale in the local market.
- Lack of capital militates against establishment of modern garri industry operating with modern equipment.
- The government does not give adequate incentives for the establishment of garri processing industries.
- Other problems include lack of technical skill in operating modern garri processing facilities, conservative attitudes of peasant processors, lack of storage facilities, high transport cost, high price of cassava, and palm oil as well as high cost of land.
- There are prospects for establishing garri-processing industries at Ugbene in Abakpa, Enugu Metro Polis because it is a profitable venture. The prespects include availability of raw materials, the large local and external market for selling of garri, availability of transport system and adequacy of labour supply.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
List of tables
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Objective of the study
1.3 Significance of the study
1.4 Scope and limitation of the study
1.5 Research hypothesis
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Definition of small scale garri processing factory
2.2 Importance of garri in nigeria
2.3 Sources of raw material for garri processing
2.4 Process of garri production
2.5 Sources of manpower
2.6 Sources of fund
2.7 Cost of establishing a small scale garri processing factory
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH DESIGN AND
3.1 Research design and methodology
3.2 Sources and types of data
3.3 Research collections instruments
3.4 Research population
3.5 Research sample
3.6 Techniques of data analysis
CHAPTER FOUR: RESEARCH FINDING, CONCLUSION
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 07). Problems And Prospects Of Establishing Small Scale Garri Processing Factory At Ugbene In Abakpa, Enugu.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 07, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/2173/problems-and-prospects-of-establishing-small-scale-garri-processing-factory-at-ugbene-in-abakpa-enugu-3044
"Problems And Prospects Of Establishing Small Scale Garri Processing Factory At Ugbene In Abakpa, Enugu." ProjectStoc.com. 07 2014. 2014. 07 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/2173/problems-and-prospects-of-establishing-small-scale-garri-processing-factory-at-ugbene-in-abakpa-enugu-3044>.
"Problems And Prospects Of Establishing Small Scale Garri Processing Factory At Ugbene In Abakpa, Enugu.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 07 2014. Web. 07 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/2173/problems-and-prospects-of-establishing-small-scale-garri-processing-factory-at-ugbene-in-abakpa-enugu-3044>.
"Problems And Prospects Of Establishing Small Scale Garri Processing Factory At Ugbene In Abakpa, Enugu.." ProjectStoc.com. 07, 2014. Accessed 07, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/2173/problems-and-prospects-of-establishing-small-scale-garri-processing-factory-at-ugbene-in-abakpa-enugu-3044.
- Related Works
- The Effects Of Social Responsibility Of Emenite Asbestostes On The Host Community (a Case Study Of Emenite Sbestost Limited)
- The Roles Of Management, The Problems And Prospects Of Workers In Public Services (a Case Study Of National Electric Power Authority, Enugu)
- The Role Of Planning And Forecasting In Business Organization (a Case Study Of Eastern Shop Nigeria Limited Ogui Enugu, Enugu State)
- Budget Decision In Manufacturing Companies (a Case Study Of Union Auto Parts, Ibeto Group, Nnewi)
- Effective Motivational Programmes And Productivity In Government Parastatals (a Case Study Of Imo State Health Management Board)
- Functions And Achievements Of Government Support Agencies In The Development Of Enterprenuership In Enugu State (a Case Study Of National Directorate Of Employment (n.d.e)
- The Impact Of The Press In Shaping Nigeria Political Structure A Case Study Of Enugu State
- The Problem Of Debt Management In Financial Institution (a Case Study Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc)
- Training And Development Prerequisite For High Productivity (a Case Study Of Beecham Plc)
- The Impact Of Incentive (welfare Scheme) On The Performance Of Workers: A Case Study Of Nepa Plc Enugu, Enugu State