This research was conducted to investigate the problems militating against retailing institutions in Nigeria with emphasis on City Gift Supermarket, Enugu.
The problem investigated are competitions inferior goods, high rate, inefficient shop keeping and mismanagement of funds, poor merchandise planning inadequate control system and high price of goods and insurance of price changes.
The method of investigation adopted were interview and questionnaires, for collecting primary data and information for the study. Secondary sources were also collected for secondary data and information chi-square (X2) method of the data analysis and significance testing was used while percentage were described by the data collected.
The result of the findings is that a retailing business of City Gift Supermarket, Enugu has not been operating with satisfactory profit due to mismanagement problems and many other reasons. The conditions needed is that most retailing establishment including, City Gift Supermarket, Enugu in Nigeria has problems and losses due to mismanagement, high process, poor merchandising planning and inefficient shop-keeper. The following recommendations were being made to ameliorate the condition of City Gift Supermarket.
Finally, they should employ efficient personnel to keep and manage the merchadise so as to plan and control adequately.
Their prices should be reviewed from time to time to be in consonance with market price and also confortable arrangement will be made for customers shopping. This is not all, high quality goods should be stocked so that customers will contain a required loyalty for the shop. The shop should also operate less tender pricing to more customers.
Goods should also be fancifully displayed so that window stopper will become the actual buyers.
Above all there should be a good persuasive in house salesperson who can use persuasive tactic to achieve volume sales for City Gift Supermarket, Enugu.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
1.1 The Background of the Study
1.2 The Statement of the Problem
1.3 The Economic Impact of City Gift Supermarket, Enugu
1.4 The Importance of the Study
1.5 Definition of the Term
2.1 The Concept of Retailing
2.2 The Impact of Retailing
2.3 Challenges Facing Retail Business in Nigeria
2.4 The Prosper of Retailing Business
3.1 Data Presentation
3.2 Analysis of the Data
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 04). The Role Of Retailing Business In The Development Of Nigeria Economy (a Case Study Of City Gift Supermarket Enugu).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 04, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/1460/the-role-of-retailing-business-in-the-development-of-nigeria-economy-a-case-study-of-city-gift-supermarket-enugu
"The Role Of Retailing Business In The Development Of Nigeria Economy (a Case Study Of City Gift Supermarket Enugu)." ProjectStoc.com. 04 2013. 2013. 04 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/1460/the-role-of-retailing-business-in-the-development-of-nigeria-economy-a-case-study-of-city-gift-supermarket-enugu>.
"The Role Of Retailing Business In The Development Of Nigeria Economy (a Case Study Of City Gift Supermarket Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 04 2013. Web. 04 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/1460/the-role-of-retailing-business-in-the-development-of-nigeria-economy-a-case-study-of-city-gift-supermarket-enugu>.
"The Role Of Retailing Business In The Development Of Nigeria Economy (a Case Study Of City Gift Supermarket Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. 04, 2013. Accessed 04, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/1460/the-role-of-retailing-business-in-the-development-of-nigeria-economy-a-case-study-of-city-gift-supermarket-enugu.
- Related Works
- Problems And Prospect Of Establishment Of Small -scale Industries In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Patony Block Industry Presidential Road)
- A Critical Appraisal Of The Strategies Of Exportation Of Made In Nigeria Goods
- Strategies For Managing Stress For The Sustainance Of Organizational Effectiveness By A Manager (a Case Study Of Diamond Banks In Enugu Metropolis)
- An Evaluation Of Production Process And Capacity Utilization (a Case Study Of Nigerian Breweries Enugu)
- The Need For Efficient Stock Management In The Manufacturing Company (a Case Study Of Anambra Automobile Manufacturing Company, Emene Enugu)
- Impact Of Staff Development In Effective Management Of Government Parastatal (a Case Study Of Nepa) Enugu District
- The Effects Of Poor Office Environment On The Motivation Of Workers In An Organisation (a Case Study Of Enugu North Local Government Area Of Enugu State)
- An Analysis Of The Effects Of Privatization And Commercialization Of Public Enterprises In Nigeria Economy
- Effective Corporate Image Management As A Strategy For Enhancing Profitability (a Case Study Of Phinomar Nig. Ltd Ngwo, Enugu And First Bank Of Nigeria Plc, Enugu)
- A Study On The Strategies For Managing Environmental Factors In Business Organisations In Nigeria (a Study Of Some Selected Manufacturing Firms In Enugu State)