The aim of this research was to find out what role and to what extent the public relations department of Premier Breweries Ltd Onitsha would play in trying to improve and maintain a good and cordial relationship between the organization and its internal and external publics through image promotion. The aim of every promotion in an organization as well as making the publics understand the importance of that organization. This falls in the folds of PR department of Premier Breweries Onitsha, makers of Premier lager beer, Master larger beer and malt. It carried out this important role in order to meet the organization objectives. The purpose of the study was to prove or disprove this assertion about the organization using three communities-Onitsha, Oko and Nkpor. These communities were for its external publics interviews were used for the public relations department. Research questions were raised to prove or disprove findings. Finally, after findings have been made, the research suggested and recommended some solutions on how to ratify the problems facing the public relations department of the organization in carrying out its image promotional programmes.
Background of the study
Many authorities have contributed immensely to the success of defining public relations. Some scholars believed and wrote on it as an act (deed) representing a group or organization.
Public relations is a deliberately planned and sustained effort to establish and maintain mutual understanding between an organization and its publics. British Institute of public relations (IBPR).
According to Roger Hayward as quoted by Adegoke (2001:1) says that public relations is the propagation of the personality of the organization. This states the importance of communication between the organization and its public. Roger Hayward’s definition has something to do with the British Institute of Public Relation’s (IRPR) definition because of both state the duty of public relations officers in promoting, projecting and representing the organization and at the same time relating with the publics of the organization both the internal and external publics. Public relations project the management personality of which the public relations department represents, through their activities with the use of their perspective tools (i.e. print and electronic media).
The aim is to create favourable atmosphere between an organization and its publics.
Sam Lack (1962:62) asserts that public relations involve anything that is focused, improving and enhancing the flow of communication between institution and its publics.
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2017, 07). The Role And Extent Of Public Relations In A Company (a Case Study Of Premier Breweries Onitsha).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 07, 2017, from https://projectstoc.com/read/8603/the-role-and-extent-of-public-relations-in-a-company-a-case-study-of-premier-breweries-onitsha-8815
"The Role And Extent Of Public Relations In A Company (a Case Study Of Premier Breweries Onitsha)." ProjectStoc.com. 07 2017. 2017. 07 2017 <https://projectstoc.com/read/8603/the-role-and-extent-of-public-relations-in-a-company-a-case-study-of-premier-breweries-onitsha-8815>.
"The Role And Extent Of Public Relations In A Company (a Case Study Of Premier Breweries Onitsha).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 07 2017. Web. 07 2017. <https://projectstoc.com/read/8603/the-role-and-extent-of-public-relations-in-a-company-a-case-study-of-premier-breweries-onitsha-8815>.
"The Role And Extent Of Public Relations In A Company (a Case Study Of Premier Breweries Onitsha).." ProjectStoc.com. 07, 2017. Accessed 07, 2017. https://projectstoc.com/read/8603/the-role-and-extent-of-public-relations-in-a-company-a-case-study-of-premier-breweries-onitsha-8815.
- Related Works
- Federal Character Principle And Its Implication On Manpower Utilization: An Analysis Of Recruitment Exercise At The Federal Capital Development Authority (fcda)
- The Role Of Small Scale Industries In The Economic Development Of Imo State (a Case Study Of Esomonu Bakeries Owerri)
- Contribution Of Microfinance Banks To Rural Economic Development: A Case Study Of Egor Local Government Area’s Of Edo State, Nigeria
- Role Of Planning And Control To Management Efficiency And Productivity (a Study Of Pz Industries Nigeria Plc, Aba)
- Local Government Administration & Rural Development In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Ogbadibo Lga In Benue State)
- The Appraisals On Privatization Of Nigerian Capital Market
- A Comparative Analysis Between Public And Private Sectors
- The Impact Of Motivation(monetary Incentive) On Workers' Performance
- The Role Of Informal Organisation In Formal Organisations
- The Problems Of Revenue Allocation And Generation In Local Government In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Agwu And Igbo-eze South Local Government Area, Enugu