The Role of Government in Co-operative Development emphasizes on the economic growth of the nation and the eradication/alleviation of poverty among the populace.
The significance of the contribution of government towards the growth of co-operative society in the country (Nigeria) cannot be over emphasized because it has brought about the reduction of dependency rate of the country. This increasing the national income of the country. The government take no special interest in the co-operative movement outside providing it with the necessary legal basis for registration and under some circumstances, granting minor privilege in the form of reduced tax rate.
The aim of this project is to find out the role of Anaocha Co-operative society development, Anaocha local government area in Anambra state. The subjects used for the study consisted of four hundred and ninety-nine (499) Anaocha co-operators from six (six) registered Anaocha co-operatives in the same local government. Sample size was used in selecting these four hundred and ninety-nine (499) co-operators from the population of six registered Anaocha co-operatives societies in the local government. Questionnaire and oral interview were the major instruments used for the study.
A total of 550 questionnaires were administered to registered members of the co-operative societies. Out of this number, 499 were completed and returned, one more questionnaire was administered to the Divisional co-operative officer of Anaocha local government area. He also stressed on the need for the co-operative officers in Anaocha local government area to encourage the women to invest more to productive ventures than collection of individual loans from the co-operatives. This will help provide employment opportunities for the members and the people of Anaocha in general.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
1.2STATEMENT OF THE STUDY
1.3PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1.4SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1.5SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
1.6DEFINITION OF TERMS
2.0REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.2PROBLEMS OF CO-OPERATION DEVELOPMENT
2.3PROMOTIONAL EFFORT OF THE GOVERNMENT IN ANAOCHA TOWARDS CO-OPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT.
2.4MACRO-EFFECTS OF CO-OPERATIVE IN ANAOCHA
2.5OPERATIONAL ROLE OF GOVERNMENT IN CO-OPERATIVE
3.0RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
3.2AREA OF THE STUDY
3.3POPULATION OF THE STUDY
3.4SAMPLE AND SAMPLING PROCEDURE
3.5INSTRUMENT FOR DATA COLLECTION
3.6RELIABILITY OF THE INSTRUMENT
3.7METHOD OF DATA COLLECTION
4.0SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
4.2SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 12). Role Of Government In Co-operative Development.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/594/role-of-government-in-co-operative-development
"Role Of Government In Co-operative Development." ProjectStoc.com. 12 2012. 2012. 12 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/594/role-of-government-in-co-operative-development>.
"Role Of Government In Co-operative Development.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 12 2012. Web. 12 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/594/role-of-government-in-co-operative-development>.
"Role Of Government In Co-operative Development.." ProjectStoc.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/594/role-of-government-in-co-operative-development.
- Related Works
- Co-operative Education And Training In Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria (a Case Study Of The Department Of Co-operative Economics And Management (cem), Institute Of Management And Technology (imt) Enugu
- An Appraisal Of The Activities And Management Methods Of Anammco Workers Multi-purpose Co-operative Society (enugu)
- The Roles Of Specialized Banks In Promoting The Activities Of Agricultural Cooperative Societies (a Case Study Of Bank Of Agriculture, Enugu Zonal Office)
- Poor Management, A Stumbling Stone Of Consumer Cooperatives Development
- The Effects Of Credit Administration And Control On The Development Of Cooperative Societies
- Auditing: An Essential Tool In Effective Management And Control Of Cooperative Businesses (a Case Study Of Selected Co-operative Societies In Aninri L.g.a, Enugu State)
- The Importance Of Studying Principles And Economics Of Co-operative As A Qualifying Subject For The Award Of Ond In Business Studies
- Co-operative And Poverty Alleviation. (a Case Study Of The Contribution Towards Poverty Alleviation In Enugu State)
- The Role Of Information And Communication Technology (ict) On Organization Performance (a Case Study Of Fidelity Bank Plc. Ogui Road, Enugu)
- An Examination Of The Role Cooperation Thrift And Credit Societies To The Development Of Urban Area