The central bank of Nigerian (C.B.N) started full-scale operation on 1st July 1959, and since its inception like most of the central bank the world over, performs certain national and international functions one of which is the management of foreign debt. So this project examines the role of CBN in the management of foreign debt.
A lot of problems engulfed the central bank of Nigeria which trying to carry out this function ranging from inadequate reserves to over increasing imports bills. The study which is not one outcome of empirical research examines the different measures adopted by the central bank of Nig at different times to ensure efficient management of external debt.
The methodology employed revolves round the use of secondary data extensively round the use of less importance.
However, the magnificent increase in the volume of external depreciation in the value of the naira through the exchange market.
Finally, the debt-rescheduling programmer of the central bank of Nigeria will be meaningless if the export base is not developed to guarantee increased earning of foreign exchange.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
HYPOTHESIS: NULL HYPOTHESIS
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
THE SECOND TIER FOREIGN EXCHANGE MARKET
DEBT CONVENTION PROGRAMMER
PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED IN CARRYING OUT MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS AND SOLUTION.
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 12). The Role Of Central Bank Of Nigeria In The Management Of The Nations Foreign Debt.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/570/the-role-of-central-bank-of-nigeria-in-the-management-of-the-nations-foreign-debt
"The Role Of Central Bank Of Nigeria In The Management Of The Nations Foreign Debt." ProjectStoc.com. 12 2012. 2012. 12 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/570/the-role-of-central-bank-of-nigeria-in-the-management-of-the-nations-foreign-debt>.
"The Role Of Central Bank Of Nigeria In The Management Of The Nations Foreign Debt.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 12 2012. Web. 12 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/570/the-role-of-central-bank-of-nigeria-in-the-management-of-the-nations-foreign-debt>.
"The Role Of Central Bank Of Nigeria In The Management Of The Nations Foreign Debt.." ProjectStoc.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/570/the-role-of-central-bank-of-nigeria-in-the-management-of-the-nations-foreign-debt.
- Related Works
- Development Banking In Nigeria
- Marketing Of Commercial Bankâ€™s Services
- The Role Of Financial Institutions In The Management Of Loan Syndication In Nigeria Economy.
- An Examination Of The Source And Uses Of Local Government Fund In Nigeria (2000-2004) (a Case Study Of Ezeagu Central Local Government Development Council)
- Bank Failure And Economic Development In Nigeria
- An Analysis Of External Debt And Economic Growth In Nigeria, (1992 â€“ 2004).
- The Role Of Capital Market In Federal Government Financing
- Financial Control And Accountability In Public Sector
- Risk Management In Financial Insitution In Nigeria A Case Study Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc 1999 – 2004
- The Impact Of The New Products Developed In The Banking Industry In Nigeria (1990-2003) (a Case Study Of First Bank Plc State)