The topic value Added Tax, which was introduced in the year 1993, is a tax on consumption born by the final consumer by paying five percent (5%) on any valuable product whether local produced or imported.
The researcher data collection was on two bases, which include the primary, and secondary. The primary data was the information got by the researcher when the researcher conducted on oral interview with the officials of the federal in land Revenue service, the Accountant General of Enugu state and some of his office staff, and Enugu North Local Government Council staff who are basically concerned with the collection and the disbursement of the money from value Added Tax.
The secondary data was got from the value Added Tax information circular No 93/ 04 dated 20th August 1993 and 93/ 05 dated 5th Nov. 1993. Other were value Added Tax Decree No. 102 of 1993 and principle and practice of Management by Breech E.F.L of 1975.
=n=( N (e)2
The data collected was presented and analyzed accordingly and the following findings were made; that there were, â€œRegistered personâ€ at the time of this project which in actual sense is a success; that the money collected by the federal inland Revenue service officers the â€œRegistered personsâ€ were promptly recorded and paid to the central Bank of Nigeria in on the importance of value Added Tax offices has not been established in the local Government use the money as it suits them; and that the payment of value Added Tax rate through central Bank in each state to the central Bank in Abuja is a delay tactics which hinders the sharing at the appropriate time.
Based on the above findings, the following recommendations were made. That value Added Tax offices be established in all local government area to effect prompt payment and curb the value Added Tax rate evaders. By its establishment, it will become a household name in all the local government areas, that a specific project be mapped out by the federal Government for the utilization of the money realized from the Added Tax: that a specific account be opened into which the money realized will be paid instead of through the central Bank; and that a special Board be established for the sharing of the money realized.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1Background of the study
1.2Statement of the problems
1.3Purpose of the study
1.5Significance of the study
1.6Scope and limitations
1.7Definition of terms
2.1Definition of value added tax (vat)
2.2Contribution of vat
2.3Offences and penalties
2.4Method of collection and allocation
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
3.1Methods of research
3.2Source of data secondary/primary
3.3Population and sample size determination
3.4Description of respondents
3.5Treatment of data
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
4.0Presentation, analysis of data
4.1Summary of results
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). The Problems And Prospect Of Value Added Tax (vat) (a Case Study In Enugu State).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/430/the-problems-and-prospect-of-value-added-tax-vat-a-case-study-in-enugu-state
"The Problems And Prospect Of Value Added Tax (vat) (a Case Study In Enugu State)." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/430/the-problems-and-prospect-of-value-added-tax-vat-a-case-study-in-enugu-state>.
"The Problems And Prospect Of Value Added Tax (vat) (a Case Study In Enugu State).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/430/the-problems-and-prospect-of-value-added-tax-vat-a-case-study-in-enugu-state>.
"The Problems And Prospect Of Value Added Tax (vat) (a Case Study In Enugu State).." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/430/the-problems-and-prospect-of-value-added-tax-vat-a-case-study-in-enugu-state.
- Related Works
- Urbanization A Problem To Food Production And Agricultural Development. A Case Study Of Enugu State
- The Impact Of Information Technology On Business Administration And Management (a Case Study Of Nitel, Enugu)
- The Role Of Communication Processes In The Management Of Government Parastatals (a Case Study Of Nepa, Enugu)
- The Effects Of Social Responsibility Of Emenite Asbestostes On The Host Community (a Case Study Of Emenite Sbestost Limited)
- The Role Of The Management Accountant In Profit Maximization (a Case Study Of Emenite Plc)
- The Role Of Budgeting In The Management Of Public Institutions (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Enugu State Works And Housing, Enugu)
- The Role Of Commercial Banks In Financing Small Scale Industries In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc)
- The Effect Of The Current Exchange Rate Policy On The Manufacturing A Case Study Of Anammco Manufacturing Company
- The Employment Creation Potentials Of Small Scale Business In Anocha Local Government Area, Anambra State
- The Effect Of Performance Evaluation On Employee Performance (a Study Of Unilever Nigeria Plc, Aba Branch)