The topic value Added Tax, which was introduced in the year 1993, is a tax on consumption born by the final consumer by paying five percent (5%) on any valuable product whether local produced or imported.
The researcher data collection was on two bases, which include the primary, and secondary. The primary data was the information got by the researcher when the researcher conducted on oral interview with the officials of the federal in land Revenue service, the Accountant General of Enugu state and some of his office staff, and Enugu North Local Government Council staff who are basically concerned with the collection and the disbursement of the money from value Added Tax.
The secondary data was got from the value Added Tax information circular No 93/ 04 dated 20th August 1993 and 93/ 05 dated 5th Nov. 1993. Other were value Added Tax Decree No. 102 of 1993 and principle and practice of Management by Breech E.F.L of 1975.
=n=( N (e)2
The data collected was presented and analyzed accordingly and the following findings were made; that there were, â€œRegistered personâ€ at the time of this project which in actual sense is a success; that the money collected by the federal inland Revenue service officers the â€œRegistered personsâ€ were promptly recorded and paid to the central Bank of Nigeria in on the importance of value Added Tax offices has not been established in the local Government use the money as it suits them; and that the payment of value Added Tax rate through central Bank in each state to the central Bank in Abuja is a delay tactics which hinders the sharing at the appropriate time.
Based on the above findings, the following recommendations were made. That value Added Tax offices be established in all local government area to effect prompt payment and curb the value Added Tax rate evaders. By its establishment, it will become a household name in all the local government areas, that a specific project be mapped out by the federal Government for the utilization of the money realized from the Added Tax: that a specific account be opened into which the money realized will be paid instead of through the central Bank; and that a special Board be established for the sharing of the money realized.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1Background of the study
1.2Statement of the problems
1.3Purpose of the study
1.5Significance of the study
1.6Scope and limitations
1.7Definition of terms
2.1Definition of value added tax (vat)
2.2Contribution of vat
2.3Offences and penalties
2.4Method of collection and allocation
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
3.1Methods of research
3.2Source of data secondary/primary
3.3Population and sample size determination
3.4Description of respondents
3.5Treatment of data
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
4.0Presentation, analysis of data
4.1Summary of results
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). The Problems And Prospect Of Value Added Tax (vat) (a Case Study In Enugu State).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/430/the-problems-and-prospect-of-value-added-tax-vat-a-case-study-in-enugu-state
"The Problems And Prospect Of Value Added Tax (vat) (a Case Study In Enugu State)." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/430/the-problems-and-prospect-of-value-added-tax-vat-a-case-study-in-enugu-state>.
"The Problems And Prospect Of Value Added Tax (vat) (a Case Study In Enugu State).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/430/the-problems-and-prospect-of-value-added-tax-vat-a-case-study-in-enugu-state>.
"The Problems And Prospect Of Value Added Tax (vat) (a Case Study In Enugu State).." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/430/the-problems-and-prospect-of-value-added-tax-vat-a-case-study-in-enugu-state.
- Related Works
- Privatization Of Government Parastatals As A Panacea For Economic Growth (a Case Study Of Nepa Enugu)
- The Effect Of Communication Gap In The Achievement Of Organizational Goal (a Case Study Of Nigeria Bottling Company Onitsha)
- The Need For Efficient Inventory Management In A Manufacturing Company (a Case Study Of Nigeria Bottling Company N.b.c Enugu State)
- Evaluation Of Management By Objective And Itâ€™s Applications In Financial Institutions In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc New Market Road, Onitsha)
- The Problems And Prospects Managing Small-scale Manufacturing Enterprise In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Alliwa Sachet Water Achara Layout Enugu)
- The Effects Of Personnel Policies In Achievement Of Organization Goal (a Case Study Of Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company Ltd Emene Enugu)
- The Impact Of Management Succession In An Organisation Goal Attainment (a Case Study Of Enugu State Housing Development Corporation)
- Assessing The Contribution Of Industrial Training Fund (itf) In Manpower Development In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Itf Emene)
- Inventory Valuation, Management Organization (a Case Study Of Emenite Limited, Enugu)
- Impact Of Internal Control To An Organization (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Enugu)