Speech recognition (also known as automatic speech recognition or computer speech recognition) converts spoken words to text. The term "voice recognition" is sometimes used to refer to recognition systems that must be trained to a particular speakerâ€”as is the case for most desktop recognition software. Recognizing the speaker can simplify the task of translating speech. Speech recognition is a broader solution that refers to technology that can recognize speech without being targeted at single speakerâ€”such as a call system that can recognize arbitrary voices. Speech recognition applications include voice user interfaces such as voice dialing (e.g., "Call home"), call routing (e.g., "I would like to make a collect call"), domotic appliance control, search (e.g., find a podcast where particular words were spoken), simple data entry (e.g., entering a credit card number), preparation of structured documents (e.g., a radiology report), speech-to-text processing (e.g., word processors or emails), and aircraft (usually termed Direct Voice Input).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1.3 IMPORTANCE OF THE STUDY
1.4 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1.5 ASSUMPTION OF THE STUDY
2.0 LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 APPLICATIONS OF SPEECH RECOGNITION
2.4 HIGH-PERFORMANCE FIGHTER AIRCRAFT
3.0 HANDS-FREE COMPUTING
3.1 SPEECH-TO-TEXT REPORTER
3.2 AUDIO VISUAL SPEECH RECOGNITION
4.0 HINDRANCES IN SPEECH RECOGNITION
5.1 LIMITATIONS OF STUDY
5.2 SUGGESTION FOR FURTHER RESEARCH
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Speech Recognition Technology.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/260/speech-recognition-technology
"Speech Recognition Technology." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/260/speech-recognition-technology>.
"Speech Recognition Technology.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/260/speech-recognition-technology>.
"Speech Recognition Technology.." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/260/speech-recognition-technology.
- Related Works
- Design And Implementation Of A Command Driven Interface Program For Numer Base Convension Using Visual Basic
- Using Trigonometry And Pythagoras To Watermark An Image
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Financial Management System For Public Institutions (a Case Study Of Unth, Enugu)
- Inventory Management System
- Design And Implementation Of A Software Based Students Bursary Award Processing System
- The Effects Of Computer Application In The Modern World
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Budgeting System (a Case Study Of I.m.t., Enugu)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Homeopathic Management System (a Case Study Of University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital Enugu State)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Accounting System Of An Academics System (a Case Study Of Imt Enugu)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Farm Management Information System (a Case Study Of A Piggry Farm)