The attention of the study is directed to the impact of delegation on management decision making. Every organization whether big or small must taken decision. The decision may be on any of the following levels of management;
(a)Top level management
(b)Middle level management
(c)Lower level management
Decision-making is defined as the selection from among alternative of a course of action. It is regarded as the center of planning and represents a course of behaviour of what must or what must not be done. It is the point at which plans, policies and objectives are translated into concrete actions.
The purpose of decision-making is to direct human behaviour toward a future goal. A plan cannot be said to exist unless there is a decision. Decision-making involves a lot of processes and requires careful attention. Top management in trying to cover all aspect of the organization, including decision making, has to delegate certain duties and responsibility which must be accomplished, with adequate authority, so that those assigned these duties should be fully responsible for what they do looking at the impact of delegation on management decision-making, its effect on the general performance of an organization cannot be overlooked. A manger should ensure that he delegates has authorities to a well-trained subordinate with equal responsibility so that he (Manager) will not be held accountable for the results.
If a manager clearly delegate authority to a well-trained subordinate to undertake a well-defined task, the task will be done with a minimum of supervision time and attention. But whenever the subordinate is not capable and adequate authority is not given, the task will not be performed properly. The supervisor will then have to spend a disproportional amount and time supervising and guiding the subordinate effort.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
1.1 Statement of problem
1.2 Purpose of the study
1.3 Scope of the study
1.4 Limitation of the study
1.5 Statement of hypothesis
1.6 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
2.1 Historical background
2.2 Nature of delegation
2.3 Principles of delegation
2.4 Factors in determining the degree of decentralization of authority
2.5 Reasons for refusal to delegate
2.6 Benefits of delegation
3.1 Design of the study and methodology
3.2 Population of the study
3.3 Sample size and sampling techniques
3.4 Instruments for data collection
3.5 Data analysis
4.1 Date analysis and interpretation
4.2 Test of hypothesis
4.3 Decision rule
5.1 Summary of findings
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 05). The Impact Of Delegation On Management Decision Making (a Case Study Of Zenith Bank Plc Enugu).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 05, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/1604/the-impact-of-delegation-on-management-decision-making-a-case-study-of-zenith-bank-plc-enugu
"The Impact Of Delegation On Management Decision Making (a Case Study Of Zenith Bank Plc Enugu)." ProjectStoc.com. 05 2013. 2013. 05 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/1604/the-impact-of-delegation-on-management-decision-making-a-case-study-of-zenith-bank-plc-enugu>.
"The Impact Of Delegation On Management Decision Making (a Case Study Of Zenith Bank Plc Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 05 2013. Web. 05 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/1604/the-impact-of-delegation-on-management-decision-making-a-case-study-of-zenith-bank-plc-enugu>.
"The Impact Of Delegation On Management Decision Making (a Case Study Of Zenith Bank Plc Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. 05, 2013. Accessed 05, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/1604/the-impact-of-delegation-on-management-decision-making-a-case-study-of-zenith-bank-plc-enugu.
- Related Works
- The Role Of Planning And Forecasting In Business Organization
- Factors Affecting Small Scale Business Enterprises In Kaduna Metropolis
- The Effect Of Strategic Planning On Organisation Productivity (a Case Study Of The Nigeria Bottling Company Plc Eastern Region)
- Communication As A Major Tool In Directing Function Of Management (a Case Study Of Nipost Organization, Enugu)
- The Effect Of Poor Management In Private Owner Establishment (a Case Study Of Powerful Limited Enugu State)
- Increasing Organisational Efficiency Through Conflict Resolution (a Case Study Of Uba Plc Enugu)
- Effective Inventory Control As A Means Of Improving An Organization Is Performance (a Case Study Of Nbc Plc) Ninth Mile Corner, Enugu
- An Assessment Of Physical Distribution In The Performance Of An Organisation
- Effect Of Proper Records Management On Workers Productivity
- The Role Of Small Scale Enterprises In The Growth Of The Nigerian Economy (a Case Study Of Enugu North Local Government Area Enugu State Nigeria)