The aim of this study is to determine the impact of road transport network on the marketing of agricultural produce in the Igbo-Etiti local government area and Nsukka zone of Enugu state to identify other factors directly or indirectly to the marketing of agricultural produce in the zone.
The empirical aspect of this research was carried out using the survey method and questionnaire to obtain information from respondents in the 10 major towns, all drawn from Nsukka zone.the high nature of response was made possible because of the constant visit of the researcher to the respondents. Tables, percentages pie charts and chi-square distribution were used as tools for presenting and analyzing the data collected.
The result of this study indicated that the nature of road network system in Nsukka zone of Enugu State adversely affects the marketing of agricultural produce. It was found that the inaccessibility of farmer to produce.
The researcher who discovered that the prices of agricultural produce rise and fall as a result of transportation costs. Bassed on the research findings the researcher made the following recommendations.
1.That government should put effort in improving the nature of road network in the states since it was observed that inaccessibility reduces the incentives to produce.
2.In planning for agriculture in a particular area, it becomes absolutely necessary that rural feeder roads are to be constructed to link such areas.
3.Food collection centres should be established in various rural areas, since transportation cost tends to increase the price of agricultural produce.
4.The provisions of farm equipment should be made available to the farmers and adequate storage facility should be well assessed to check against wastage and spoilage.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of research problem
1.3 Objectives of study
1.4 Statement of hypothesis
1.5 Significance of study
1.6 Scope of study
1.7 Definition of terms
Review of related literature
2.1 The nature of agricultural produce in Nigeria
2.2 The role of transportation in the marketing of agricultural produce19
2.3 Factors that influence transportation in Igbo-Etiti
2.4 The nature of road network in Igbo-Etiti
2.5 The implication of road network in the marketing of agricultural produce in Igbo-Etiti
2.6 Transport and improving agricultural production in Igbo-Etiti
3.1 Sources of data
3.2 Population of study
3.3 Determination of sample size
3.4 Sample procedure and design
3.5 Selection and construction of research instrument
3.6 Method of data analysis
4.1 Presentation analysis and interpretation
4.2 Presentation and analysis
4.3 Testing of hypothesis
Summary of findings, recommendations and conclusion
5.1 Summary of findings
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 04). The Impact Of Road Network On The Marketing Of Agricultural Produce In Nigeria A Case Study Of Igbo-etiti Local Government Area Of Enugu State.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 04, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/1389/the-impact-of-road-network-on-the-marketing-of-agricultural-produce-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-igbo-etiti-local-government-area-of-enugu-state
"The Impact Of Road Network On The Marketing Of Agricultural Produce In Nigeria A Case Study Of Igbo-etiti Local Government Area Of Enugu State." ProjectStoc.com. 04 2013. 2013. 04 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/1389/the-impact-of-road-network-on-the-marketing-of-agricultural-produce-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-igbo-etiti-local-government-area-of-enugu-state>.
"The Impact Of Road Network On The Marketing Of Agricultural Produce In Nigeria A Case Study Of Igbo-etiti Local Government Area Of Enugu State.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 04 2013. Web. 04 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/1389/the-impact-of-road-network-on-the-marketing-of-agricultural-produce-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-igbo-etiti-local-government-area-of-enugu-state>.
"The Impact Of Road Network On The Marketing Of Agricultural Produce In Nigeria A Case Study Of Igbo-etiti Local Government Area Of Enugu State.." ProjectStoc.com. 04, 2013. Accessed 04, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/1389/the-impact-of-road-network-on-the-marketing-of-agricultural-produce-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-igbo-etiti-local-government-area-of-enugu-state.
- Related Works
- The Impact Of Physical Distribution Channels In Marketing Of Agricultural Produce: A Case Study Of Perishable Agricultural Produce In Boki L.g.a Of Cross River State
- The Role Of Advertising In The Marketing Of New Business (a Study Of Shoprite, Enugu)
- An Investigation Into Staff Motivation And Productivity In Government Secondary Schools (a Case Study Of Pankshin Local Government Area)
- Marketing Technical Sales People, For Higher Productivity (a Case Study Of Emenite Nigeria Plc.)
- The Impact Of Branding On The Marketing Of Soft Drinks. A Case Study Of Nigeria Bottling Company (nbc) Plc 9th Mile Corner Enugu.
- The Impacts Of Advertising On The Marketing Of Hotel Services In Enugu Metropolise (a Case Study Of Mac-davos Hotel)
- Packaging As A Promo Tools In The Marketing Of Beauty Case Products (a Case Study Of Petals Enugu)
- The Role Of Advertising In Motivating Consumer Brand Preference For Beverages In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Bournvita Of Cadbury Nigeria Plc)
- Problems And Prospects Of Marketing In Small-scale Industries In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Wilson Group Of Companies Nsukka)
- The Role Of Public Relations In The Marketing Of Hospital Services (a Case Study Of Park-lane Hospital Enugu)