The study was carried out to determine the role of continuous assessment in teaching and learning of Economics in Enugu South L.G.A. Specifically, the objective of the study include the following (i) To find out the extent of teacher compliance with the continuous assessment standards. (ii) To determine the ways of assisting teachers in improving upon their skill in continuous assessment practices in Economics thereby enhancing the optimum performance of the students. The instrument used for data collection was questionnaire, which was based on the three research questions. The sample for the study consisted of 32 respondents out of twenty selected schools in the zone. Frequencies and percentages were employed for analyzing the data collected. In the analysis, the following were observed: (i) Exposing Economics teachers to regular seminars and workshops on item construction sharpen their skill, (ii) Continuous assessment procedure facilitates guidance function in a school both in the learning and preparation for a career. (iii) Assessment is an integral part of the teaching process. Based on this, recommendations were made. First, the primary school Education Board should always be organizing conferences, workshops and seminars on Economics for secondary school teachers as a way of enhancing their efficiency in teaching Economics. Secondly, the society should be re-oriented towards having positive attitude in Economics. Thirdly, the students should be made to understand the important of Economics in their lives. And lastly, the Government should supply to school adequate materials for the teaching and learning of Economics.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problems
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Scope of the Study
1.6 Research Question
1.7 Limitation of the study
1.8 Definition of terms
2.1 Evaluation in social sciences
2.2 Rationale for Avocation Continuous Assessment in Nigeria Schools
2.3 Meaning of Continuous Assessment
2.4 Characteristics of continuous Assessment
2.5 Problems of Effective Implementation of Continuous Assessment in Economics
2.6 Strategies for Effective Implementation of Continuous Assessment in Economics
2.7 Summary of Literature Review
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Area of Study
3.3 Population of study
3.4 Sample and Sampling techniques
3.5 Instrument for Data Collection
3.6 Validation of the Instrument
3.7 Reliability of the Instrument
3.8 Method of Data Collection
3.9 Method of Data Analysis
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
4.1 Research Question
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION,IMPLICATIONS, AND RECOMMENDATION
5.1 Summary of Findings
5.2 Conclusion of Findings
5.3 Implications of the findings
5.5 Suggestion for further studies
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 02). The Role Of Continuous Assessment In Teaching And Learning Of Economics In Enugu South L.g.a Of Enugu State.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/1008/the-role-of-continuous-assessment-in-teaching-and-learning-of-economics-in-enugu-south-l-g-a-of-enugu-state
"The Role Of Continuous Assessment In Teaching And Learning Of Economics In Enugu South L.g.a Of Enugu State." ProjectStoc.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/1008/the-role-of-continuous-assessment-in-teaching-and-learning-of-economics-in-enugu-south-l-g-a-of-enugu-state>.
"The Role Of Continuous Assessment In Teaching And Learning Of Economics In Enugu South L.g.a Of Enugu State.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/1008/the-role-of-continuous-assessment-in-teaching-and-learning-of-economics-in-enugu-south-l-g-a-of-enugu-state>.
"The Role Of Continuous Assessment In Teaching And Learning Of Economics In Enugu South L.g.a Of Enugu State.." ProjectStoc.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/1008/the-role-of-continuous-assessment-in-teaching-and-learning-of-economics-in-enugu-south-l-g-a-of-enugu-state.
- Related Works
- Availability Of Qualified Teacher In Effective Teaching And Learning Of English Language In Junior Secondary School In Enugu Educational Zone, Enugu State
- Identification Of Difficult Teaching And Learning Topics In Senior Secondary School Curricula In Nigeria A Case Study Of Ss3 Curricula Of Chemstry, Physics And English Language
- Impact Of Thrift Organization On Economic Well Being Of Individuals And Organization In Enugu State.
- The Problems And Prospects Of Teaching English Language In Secondary Schools (a Case Study Of Enugu South L.g.a)
- Accounting System In Local Government
- The Effects Of Qualification Of English Teachers On The Performance Of Secondary School Students In External Examinations (a Case Study Of Selected Schools In Nsukka Local Government Area)
- The Cause And Prevention Of Fraudulent Practices In Nigeria Commercial Bank (a Case Study Of Union Bank Nigeria Plc)
- Critical Analysis Of The Performance Of National Economics Empowerment And Development Strategy (needs) On The Nigerian Economy (a Case Study Of Enugu State).
- The Appraisal Of The Techniques Used In Teaching Of Economics In Secondary Schools (a Case Study Of Enugu East Local Government Area).
- Adoption Of International Financial Reporting Standards (ifrs) To Enhance Financial Reporting In Nigeria Universities