The need and aspiration of individuals in an organization are of prime importance to employee. The organization in the other hand sets defined objectives which it strives to accomplish through the employees. The management thus tends to adapt appropriate managerial perspectives in order to fulfill the two set needs for mutual benefits.
This study attempts to find out the dominant factor on how employee participation in decision making in NEPA, Enugu District co-relates with its commitment to the organization.
In doing this, questionnaires were administered among the managers and staff of the organization. During the period of data gathering, the establishment has a total work force of four hundred and seventy (470) staff.
The simple random sampling method was used because of its suitability. After conducting the sampling method, eighty-two (82) employees were selected for this study. This number is made up five (5) managers, five (5) supervisors/officers, sixty seven (67) service staff and five (5) secretaries. It should be noted that the formular which is used for this simple random sampling is the one propounded by Yamani.
Other methods of data collection used in this project work are oral interview and library research.
From the empirical data gathered, the study has shown that majority of workers in NEPA, Enugu.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Statement of Problems
1.3 Purpose of the Study
1.4 Research Questions
1.5 Significance of the Study
1.6 Scope/Limitation of the Study
1.7 Definition of Terms
Review of Related Literature
2.1 The Concept of Employee Participation
2.2 Historical Review of NEPA
2.3 Degree of Employee Participation in Decision Making
2.4 Organization Commitment to Goal
2.5 Employee Participation: Theoretical Perspective
2.6 Participation as a Tool in Managing Change
Methodology and Research Design
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Area of Study
3.3 Population of the Study
3.4 Sample & Sampling Procedure/Technique
3.5 Instrument of Data Collection
3.6 Method of Data Collection
3.7 Method of Data Analysis
Data Presentation and Analysis
Findings, Conclusion & Recommendations
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 02). Employee Participation In Decision Making And Organizational Commitment (a Case Study Of Nepa, Enugu District).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/932/employee-participation-in-decision-making-and-organizational-commitment-a-case-study-of-nepa-enugu-district
"Employee Participation In Decision Making And Organizational Commitment (a Case Study Of Nepa, Enugu District)." ProjectStoc.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/932/employee-participation-in-decision-making-and-organizational-commitment-a-case-study-of-nepa-enugu-district>.
"Employee Participation In Decision Making And Organizational Commitment (a Case Study Of Nepa, Enugu District).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/932/employee-participation-in-decision-making-and-organizational-commitment-a-case-study-of-nepa-enugu-district>.
"Employee Participation In Decision Making And Organizational Commitment (a Case Study Of Nepa, Enugu District).." ProjectStoc.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/932/employee-participation-in-decision-making-and-organizational-commitment-a-case-study-of-nepa-enugu-district.
- Related Works
- The Effect Of Motivation On Employees Performance In Global Polythene Industry Kaduna
- The Practice Of Entrepreneurship In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Selected Entrepreneurs In Enugu State)
- Impact Of Internal Control Mechanism For Successful Operation In An Organization
- The Use Of The Committees System In Organisational Decision Making
- Reasons For Low Productivity In Agro-based Industries In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Sunrise Floor Mill Emene)
- An Effective Managerial Control - A Give To Organisational Control (a Case Study Of Emenite Nig. Ltd)
- Entrepreneurial Development And Sets Impact On Our Economy A Case Study Of Ebonyi Sate
- Problems And Solutions Facing Government Owned Enterprises, In Enugu (a Case Study Of Nepa)
- Appraising The Financial Control Approaches In Nigeria Local Government System (a Case Study Of Enugu South Local Government Area)
- Women Involvement In Community In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Eku In Ethiope East Local Government Area Of Delta State)