On May 2, 2000 (Workers day) the president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo announced a new salary structure for public officers in Nigeria and called on them to match the new wages with increased productivity this paper examined productivity against the background of public servants attitude to government work, which is essentially negative this, the study discovered, is due to the misconception of the general conceptualization of government work as belonging to no one in particular and so when it suffers, nobody is hurt. Low productivity is also caused by poor condition of service, negative attitudes and other social and cultural environment factors. Efforts made by the government to increase productivity had not succeeded because none focused attention on enhancing the workers negative attitudes to government work.
This study therefore focused attention on enhancing workers attitude as a precondition to general improvement of productivity in the civil service. It noted that although work attitude is deep-noted and in most cases usually acquired before employment, they can still be change to positive attitudes through a rigorous but simple in-house training and education using the apprenticeship method such as mentorship, case studies and group self-criticism approach. The paper recommends that whatever is done to enhance productivity must be predicated on improved attitude to government work. It also suggests that the responsibility for enhancing productivity in the service rest squarely on â€œManagementsâ€ recommended is implemented in each ministry and departments as well as leadership by good example.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of Contents
Background of the study
Statement of Problem
Purpose of the Study
Scope of the Study
Significant of the Study
Definition of Terms
Attitude to work of the Nigeria Civil Servant
Determinates of work attitudes and productivity
Enhancing productivity in the Civil Service
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 02). The Enhancing Productivity Through Improved Work Attitude In New Millennium (a Case Study Of The Nigerian Civil Service).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/866/the-enhancing-productivity-through-improved-work-attitude-in-new-millennium-a-case-study-of-the-nigerian-civil-service
"The Enhancing Productivity Through Improved Work Attitude In New Millennium (a Case Study Of The Nigerian Civil Service)." ProjectStoc.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/866/the-enhancing-productivity-through-improved-work-attitude-in-new-millennium-a-case-study-of-the-nigerian-civil-service>.
"The Enhancing Productivity Through Improved Work Attitude In New Millennium (a Case Study Of The Nigerian Civil Service).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/866/the-enhancing-productivity-through-improved-work-attitude-in-new-millennium-a-case-study-of-the-nigerian-civil-service>.
"The Enhancing Productivity Through Improved Work Attitude In New Millennium (a Case Study Of The Nigerian Civil Service).." ProjectStoc.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/866/the-enhancing-productivity-through-improved-work-attitude-in-new-millennium-a-case-study-of-the-nigerian-civil-service.
- Related Works
- Effective Inventory Control As A Means Of Improving An Organization Is Performance (a Case Study Of Nbc Plc) Ninth Mile Corner, Enugu
- Strategies For Introducing A New Product In The Market (a Case Study Of Fanta Lemon Of Coca-cola Company In Enugu Metropolis)
- The Need For Staff Training And Development In Delta State (a Case Study Of Ika South Local Government Area)
- The Impact Of Training On Employees Performance (a Case Study Of Anammco Emene)
- Problems Of Allocation, Distribution And Marketing Of Petroleum Products (a Case Study Of Nnpc Depot In Enugu East Local Government, Enugu State)
- The Use Of The Committees System In Organisational Decision Making
- An Assessment Of The Management Performance Of Public Enterprises In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Enugu State Transport Company Limited)
- Entrepreneurial Development And Its Impact In Our Economy (a Case Study Of Ebonyi State)
- Problems And Prospects Of Establishing Small Scale Garri Processing Factory At Ugbene In Abakpa, Enugu
- Individual Frustration And Interpersonal Conflict Among Youth (a Case Study Of Imt Enugu)