Accountability is a function of auditing, Auditing contributes immensely in ensuring efficient, effective and economic use of resources available to any legal entity. To substantiate this assertion the researcher chooses Government House Enugu to discuss on auditing as an aid to accountability.
Chapter one dealt with the introduction on auditing as an aid to accountability and the problems that hinders auditing function (accountability). In Chapter two related literatures were reviewed with he view of giving the work proper background. Four research questions and hypothesis guided this study. The researcher used this to survey the opinions and perceptions of staff of Government House Enugu on the roles auditing play and its status on accountability.
Major findings in the survey conducted are:
(a)The management did not allow the internal auditors to do their work because of fraudulent reasons.
(b)Government House accounts are not usually audited by external auditors.
(c)The internal auditors were interested in making personal money than effective checks expected of them.
On this discoveries the researcher made these recommendations:-
(1)Management must sit up to redress these fraudulent practices with severe punishments.
(2)Positive motivation of external auditors.
(3)The internal auditorsâ€™ remuneration should be improved.
(4)Management should identify and correct inequalities with keenness to minimize the fraud of spending money without authority.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 Background To The Study
1.2 Statement of problem
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Null hypotheses
1.7 The significance of the study
2.0 Review of related literature
2.1 Accountability of government establishment
2.2 Government accounting standards and concepts
2.3 Auditing and its various types
2.4 Summary of related literature
3.0 Research design and methodology
3.1 Source of data
3.2 Sample used
3.3 Method of investigation
4.0 Data presentation and analysis
4.1 Data presentation and analysis
4.2 Test of hypotheses
5.0 Discussion of results and conclusion
5.1 Discussion of results
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 02). The Problems Of Auditing Of Government Accounts (a Case Study Of Government House Enugu).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/800/the-problems-of-auditing-of-government-accounts-a-case-study-of-government-house-enugu
"The Problems Of Auditing Of Government Accounts (a Case Study Of Government House Enugu)." ProjectStoc.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/800/the-problems-of-auditing-of-government-accounts-a-case-study-of-government-house-enugu>.
"The Problems Of Auditing Of Government Accounts (a Case Study Of Government House Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/800/the-problems-of-auditing-of-government-accounts-a-case-study-of-government-house-enugu>.
"The Problems Of Auditing Of Government Accounts (a Case Study Of Government House Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/800/the-problems-of-auditing-of-government-accounts-a-case-study-of-government-house-enugu.
- Related Works
- Effect Of Implementation Of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (ipsas) In Ministries, Departments And Agencies
- Budgeting And Budgetary Control In Government Owned Companies (a Case Study Of Power Holding Companies Of Nigeria (phcn) Plc
- Problems Of Fraud And Their Solutions In Financial Institution
- The Role Of Commercial Banks In Agricultural Financing In Enugu State
- The Impact Of Strengthening And Consolidation The Nigerian Banking System
- Examination Of The Effect Of Industrial Relation Practice On Organizational Productivity In The Public Sector
- Internal Auditing In Nigerian Polytechnic System (empirical Study)
- Automated Teller Machine And Electronic Payment System In Nigeria: A Synenthesis Of The Critical Success Factors
- Accounting For Public Relation Expenses In Nigeria Coporated Organization
- The Impact Of Tax Evasion And Tax Avoidance In Nigeria Economy