The objectives of this Research project is on examine the problems of the secretarial studies Department is the Institute of Management and Technology Enugu, to high light possible solutions.
Three groups of people in the department were selected for this study, using stratified random sampling method. The researchers used primary source though structured questionnaire and oral interview in gathering useful data from the officials of the department. The researchers also obtained data from Secondary Sources through review of publications in journals and text books. Data collected were presented in tabular from and percentage used in analyzing the data. The study reveals that the problems of Secretarial studies Department are problems associated with the state government, poor finding, poor management, Lack of accommodations, lack of shorthand laboratory, lack of office equipment such as Manual type writers, Electric Electronic type writers, computer machines/word processors, recording Machines/Transcribing Machines, franking Machines, Duplicating Machines, Photocopying Machines, Adding and calculating machine, Punch and Machines, paper shredding Machine, Facsimile transmission (FAX), Telex Teleprinter etc.
We finally observed that good training ability, lack of trained staff to handle Machines such as computers, management concern, motivation and proper handing of the department are the prospects and opportunities of Secretarial studies Department for effective growth of the Department.
It is therefore the recommendation of the researcher that state government and the management should give several incentives to Secretarial studies departments of facilitate their development and to produce good quality students to boost the academic standing of the Institute of management and Technology, Enugu.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Back ground of the study
1.2 Statement of the study
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Scope of the study
1.6 Research questions
2.0 Review of related literature
2.1 Concept of secretarial education
2.2 The need of qualitative secretarial studies performance
3.0 Research Methodology
3.1 Population of study
3.2 Sampling size
3.3 Instrument for date collection
3.4 Method of date collection
3.5 Method of data analysis
4.0 Presentation and analysis of data analysis
4.2 Discussion of findings
5.4 APPENDIX â€œAâ€
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 02). Identification Of The Problems Of Secretarial Studies Department In The Institute Of Management And Technology, Enugu.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/755/identification-of-the-problems-of-secretarial-studies-department-in-the-institute-of-management-and-technology-enugu
"Identification Of The Problems Of Secretarial Studies Department In The Institute Of Management And Technology, Enugu." ProjectStoc.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/755/identification-of-the-problems-of-secretarial-studies-department-in-the-institute-of-management-and-technology-enugu>.
"Identification Of The Problems Of Secretarial Studies Department In The Institute Of Management And Technology, Enugu.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/755/identification-of-the-problems-of-secretarial-studies-department-in-the-institute-of-management-and-technology-enugu>.
"Identification Of The Problems Of Secretarial Studies Department In The Institute Of Management And Technology, Enugu.." ProjectStoc.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/755/identification-of-the-problems-of-secretarial-studies-department-in-the-institute-of-management-and-technology-enugu.
- Related Works
- The Impact Of Industrial Work Exprience On Student Of Department Secretarial Studies (a Case Study Of Department Of Secretarial Studies Imt Enugu)
- Factors Militating Against The Training Of Secretarial Student In Polytechnics In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Imt Enugu).
- The Roles Of Modern Communication Tools In The Development Of Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Manmark Limited, Enugu)
- The Roles Of A Secretary In An Bank Administration (a Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc)
- A Study Of Effects Of Frustration On Nigerian Secretaries (a Case Study Of Coal Corporation Enugu)
- A Study Of The Negative Impact Of Technological Development On The Secretary In A Modern Office (a Case Study Of Some Selected Banks In Umuahia, Abia State)
- The Roles Of Data Preservation In Enhancing The Efficiency Of Secretrial Function In Selected Banks In Enugu Metropolis
- Causes Of Occupational Change In Secretarial Profession (a Case Study Of Institute Of Management And Technology (imt) Enugu.
- An Investigation Of The Relevance Of Educational Psychology Into Teaching â€“ Learning Process
- The Influence Of Communication Equipment On The Efficiency Of The Secretary (a Case Study Of Nbl/ama Greenfield 9th Mile Corner Enugu)