The study has investigated the extent of problems of Nkanu local government area financing two research question: What are problems that affect the existing allocations to Nkanu local government area ? How effective are the management of resources in Nkanu local Government Area? etc were used whole two hypothesis were also postulated.
Six and eleven questions respectively used to find out the extent to which allocations to Nkanu local government is not enough to run the area, management of Nkanu Local Government Area.
For the investigation, zone copies of the questionnaires were administered out of which 250 were returned. The questionnaire used was structured type which was administered personally by the researcher and completed by the respondents (staff and non staff of the local government).
In data analysis, simple percentage was used. The result indicates that
1. An average percentage of respondents are in an agreement that allocation
to the local government is not enough and beside its bested by problems.
2. The management (leadership) of Nkanu local government finance indulge
in corrupt practices, waste resources etc. All these tend to pose problem
to the council financing.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contentv
1.1Background of the study1
1.2Statement of the problem6
1.3Purpose of the study7
1.4Scope of the study8
1.5Limitations of the study9
1.6Significance of the study10
1.9Theoretical frame work12
Review of related literature16
2.1Meaning of local government16
2.2Evolution, theory and practice of local government20
2.3Functions of local government24
2.4Local government finances27
2.5Problems militating against the effective33
Data collection, presentation and analysis,
finding, recommendations, summary and conclusion.41
3.4Allocations to nkanu government area/problems49
3.5Management of nkanu local government
finance tends to create problem for the area49
3.6Implication of the study50
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 10). Problems Of Local Government Financing: A Case Study Of Nkanu Local Government Area, Enugu State.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 10, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/73/problems-of-local-government-financing-a-case-study-of-nkanu-local-government-area-enugu-state
"Problems Of Local Government Financing: A Case Study Of Nkanu Local Government Area, Enugu State." ProjectStoc.com. 10 2012. 2012. 10 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/73/problems-of-local-government-financing-a-case-study-of-nkanu-local-government-area-enugu-state>.
"Problems Of Local Government Financing: A Case Study Of Nkanu Local Government Area, Enugu State.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 10 2012. Web. 10 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/73/problems-of-local-government-financing-a-case-study-of-nkanu-local-government-area-enugu-state>.
"Problems Of Local Government Financing: A Case Study Of Nkanu Local Government Area, Enugu State.." ProjectStoc.com. 10, 2012. Accessed 10, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/73/problems-of-local-government-financing-a-case-study-of-nkanu-local-government-area-enugu-state.
- Related Works
- The Impact Of Motivation On Staff Overall Performance In The Civil Service.
- The Effect Of Government Policy On Privatization And Commercialization On Nigeria Economy (a Case Study Of Phcn, Ekwulobia)
- The Importance Of Personal Income Tax To Government
- The Problems Of Financing Government Corporations (case Study Of Tracas)
- The Concept Of Cost Consciousness In The Management Of Public Fund
- The Roles And Functions Of The Civil Service In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Anambra State Civil Service
- Effective Management Of Reward System As Catalyst For Achieving Positive Performance Attitudes At The Primary School Level (a Case Study Of Kogi State, Nigeria)
- Due Process In Government Accounting
- An Assessment Of Roles Of Non-governmental Organisation On Community Development Projects In Edo South Senatorial District Of Edo State
- Assessment Of Internal Control System In Government Establishment. (a Case Study Of Unth, Enugu)