This study was carried out to investigate the effects of modern office automation on the productivity of secretaries in Government parastatals in Enugu State (A case study of UNTH, Enugu).
In order to obtain the required information, questionnaires were administered to secretaries in Administration through UNTH, Enugu. Data collected are presented under discussion and findings in chapter four .
From the data collected, the researcher was able to identify the effects of automation in the productivity of secretaries. It was revealed that technology (office automation) aids the secretary to a large extent in discharging of her duties. However, for these newly introduced equipment to function, and to bring the designed goals, someone is always needed in the office a person who can be said to be missing, link in an organisation when not present the secretary. In the same vein, majority of the respondents were of the view that introduction of modern office automation lead to training and retraining of secretaries.
In summation, the finding of this research work was that technology has had a tremendous effects on the jobs of today secretary. It was also deduced that technology has helped rise the productivity of secretaries in the recent years based on the findings, the researcher concluded that technology cannot endanger the further prospect of flexible secretary.
Among the recommendations proffered that student should be trained practically with most of these office automation. Organization have the duty to send secretaries on new courses or refresher course from time to time. And they should acquired modern office automation to improve the productivity of their secretaries.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Objective or purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Delimitations of the study
1.6 Research questions
1.7 Definition of terms
2.1 Definition of office automation
2.2 Advantages of modern automation to the secretary
2.3 Disadvantages of modern office automation
2.4 Definition of office
2.6 Technology & its effect on the productivity of secretaries
3.1 The research design
3.2 Area of the study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 The sample and sampling technique
3.6 Validation of the instrument
3.7 Reliability of the instrument
3.8 Method of data analysis
3.9 Method of data analysis
4.0 Data Presentation and Results
5.0 Discussions of results
5.1 Discussion of results
5.4 Suggestion for further research
5.5 Limitation of the study
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 02). The Effect Of Modern Office Automation On The Productivity Of Secretaries In Government Parastatals In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Unth, Enugu).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/722/the-effect-of-modern-office-automation-on-the-productivity-of-secretaries-in-government-parastatals-in-enugu-state-a-case-study-of-unth-enugu
"The Effect Of Modern Office Automation On The Productivity Of Secretaries In Government Parastatals In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Unth, Enugu)." ProjectStoc.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/722/the-effect-of-modern-office-automation-on-the-productivity-of-secretaries-in-government-parastatals-in-enugu-state-a-case-study-of-unth-enugu>.
"The Effect Of Modern Office Automation On The Productivity Of Secretaries In Government Parastatals In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Unth, Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/722/the-effect-of-modern-office-automation-on-the-productivity-of-secretaries-in-government-parastatals-in-enugu-state-a-case-study-of-unth-enugu>.
"The Effect Of Modern Office Automation On The Productivity Of Secretaries In Government Parastatals In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Unth, Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/722/the-effect-of-modern-office-automation-on-the-productivity-of-secretaries-in-government-parastatals-in-enugu-state-a-case-study-of-unth-enugu.
- Related Works
- A Comparative Study Of Secretarial Profession In Nigeria Yesterday And Today (a Case Study Of Ibeto Group Of Companies Nnewi)
- The Impact Of Secretaries In Improving The Quality Of Services Rendered By Nigerian Telecommunication Plc (nite), Enugu
- The Factors That Affect Performance Of Secretaral Career In Some Selected Organizations In Enugu Capital Territory
- A Survey Of Physical Working Conditions And Their Effects On Productivity Of The Secretaries In Some Business Establishments
- The Roles Of A Secretary In An Bank Administration (a Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc)
- Effect Of Staff Welfare And Motivation On The Productivity Of A Secretary (a Case Study Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria, Enugu Zonal Office)
- Application Of Shorthand Skill In Todayâ€™s Business Offices
- Self Organization And Time Management Skills Needed By Modern Secretaries For Successful Job Performance In The Banking Industry (a Case Study Of New Nigeria Bank Plc Lagos)
- The Study Of The Effects Of Stress On Modern Secrearies In Nepa Zonal Headquarters Enugu
- An Investigation Into The Strategies For Improving Management/staff Relationship In Tertiary Institutions