This research was designed to apprise “The Effectiveness of Personal Selling in the Marketing of Industrial Products in Enugu Metropolis (A Case Study of Emenite Plc Enugu).
The researcher set out with the following objectives:
• To find out the effectiveness of personal selling of Emenite in creating customers awareness of their products.
• To determine the impact of personal selling on increasing the sales volume of Emenite.
• To what extent selling impacts on the profit of the company.
Based on the above objectives, extensive literature review on test books, journals, newspapers was carried out. Questionnaires were prepared and administered to a population comprising customers, distributors and management/relevant staff of Emenite in Enugu. Topman formular was used to determine the sample size of distributors and customers. Chi-square was used to test the hypotheses. The following findings were made personal selling activities of Emenite lead to increased sales, although one discovered that some of these sales representatives are not too effective, this is because the company deals on technical items = that personal selling activities of Emenite Nigeria are effective in creating customers awareness of their products. That personal selling activity of Emenite impacts positively on the profit of the company. Based on these findings the researcher made the following recommendations that will enhance positive effect on the company. The company should make adequate budget provision for their sales representatives. The company should recruit and properly train their sales people so as to bring in increase in sales and better performance of the company. If the above recommendations are carried out, the company will not only serve their customers better but also bring in improved profit to the organization.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title Page i
Approval Page ii
Table of Contents v
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the Study 1
1.2 Statement of Problem 5
1.3 Research Questions 7
1.4 Objective of the Study 7
1.5 Significance of the Study 8
1.6 Scope of the Study 10
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Overview of Marketing 1
2.2 Meaning of Personal Selling 15
2.3 Personal selling Process 19
2.4 Importance of Personal Selling 28
2.5 Characteristic of professional Industrial
Sales persons 28
2.6 Classification of Industrial Products 32
2.7 Personal Selling Objective 33
2.8 Selection and Training of Salesman 34
2.9 Salesman Compensation 37
2.10 Evaluation of Salesman 39
2.11 Problems Involved in Personal Selling 40
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.0 Research Methodology 42
3.1 Source of Data 42
3.2 Population of the study 43
3.3 Sample Size Determination 43
3.4 Research Instrument Used 43
3.5 Method of Data Analysis 44
3.6 Limitation of the Study 44
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
4.1 Summary of Research Findings 46
4.2 Conclusion 48
4.3 Recommendation 48
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2015, 11). The Effectiveness Of Personal Selling In The Marketing Of Industrial Product In Enugu Metropolis (a Case Study Of Emenite Nigeria Plc).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2015, from https://projectstoc.com/read/6793/the-effectiveness-of-personal-selling-in-the-marketing-of-industrial-product-in-enugu-metropolis-a-case-study-of-emenite-nigeria-plc-4809
"The Effectiveness Of Personal Selling In The Marketing Of Industrial Product In Enugu Metropolis (a Case Study Of Emenite Nigeria Plc)." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2015. 2015. 11 2015 <https://projectstoc.com/read/6793/the-effectiveness-of-personal-selling-in-the-marketing-of-industrial-product-in-enugu-metropolis-a-case-study-of-emenite-nigeria-plc-4809>.
"The Effectiveness Of Personal Selling In The Marketing Of Industrial Product In Enugu Metropolis (a Case Study Of Emenite Nigeria Plc).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2015. Web. 11 2015. <https://projectstoc.com/read/6793/the-effectiveness-of-personal-selling-in-the-marketing-of-industrial-product-in-enugu-metropolis-a-case-study-of-emenite-nigeria-plc-4809>.
"The Effectiveness Of Personal Selling In The Marketing Of Industrial Product In Enugu Metropolis (a Case Study Of Emenite Nigeria Plc).." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2015. Accessed 11, 2015. https://projectstoc.com/read/6793/the-effectiveness-of-personal-selling-in-the-marketing-of-industrial-product-in-enugu-metropolis-a-case-study-of-emenite-nigeria-plc-4809.
- Related Works
- Impacts Of Motivation Factors On Sales Performance: (a Case Study Of Gemini Life Insurance Co. (glico)
- Consumer Protection And Drug Marketing In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Juhel Pharmaceutical Company Enugu)
- Attitude Of Consumers To Sales Promotion In Enugu Metropolis
- An Appraisal Of Promotional Strategies Of Barbing Salons In Enugu Metropolis (a Case Study Of Top-class Barbing Salon Awkunanaw)
- Application Of Marketing Concept In Marketing Of Hair Dressing Services
- The Impact Of Physical Distribution Channels In Marketing Of Agricultural Produce: A Case Study Of Perishable Agricultural Produce In Boki L.g.a Of Cross River State
- The Efficacy Of Sales Promotion In The Marketing Of Consumer Product (a Case Study Of Nigeria Bolting Company Plc Warri, Delta State)
- Advertisers Preferences Of Media Channel Problems, Choice, And Reasons (a Comparative Study Of Daily Sun Newspaper And Newswatch Magazine)
- Promotion Strategies For The Marketing Of Educational Services In Enugu (a Case Study Of (esut) Enugu State University Of Science And Technology)
- The Influence Of Customers Complaints Handling On Marketing Industry A Comparative Study Of Government And Private Enterprises In Nigeria.