This project research was aimed to examine the management and activities of the Anammco worker’s multipurpose co-operative society limited, which is located in Emene, Enugu state.
The study is aimed at looking into the aims and objectives of the society, origin and membership, social and business activities; sources of finance of the society; financial benefits to members, assets and liabilities of the society and problems facing the society.
The information gathered from this study was both from primary and secondary sources.
In selecting respondents, the stratified random sampling method was used. the respondents were the official and members of Anammco worker’s multi-purpose co-operative society limited.
Questionnaires and oral interviews were used to obtain the required response from the respondents. The data gathered were systematically analyzed, the present management and activities of the Anammco worker’s co-operative society was revealed through the data analysis.
The finding revealed that officers who are democratically elected annually manage the society.
The business activities of the society include granting loans to her members at a reasonable rate, selling of good quality products at the society’s consumer’s shop.
The social activities in which the society is engaged includes giving her members some form of bonuses or gifts especially during festival seasons; providing help to her members during marriages, funerals, naming ceremonies, accommodation, medical expenses, etc.
The major sources of finance for the society includes thrift savings, interests from loans granted to members, levies paid by members and also from the mother company, i.e, the Anambra Motoring Company (ANAMMCO).
It was also noted that the society kept some books and records of which include committee General minutes book, member’s register, cash book, personal ledger and attendance register. Also the study revealed that the society is faced with some problems such as macro and micro factors (effects) effecting the economy, poor government support, etc.
The study made the following recommendations of which includes constant education of both the management and members of the society, establishing a properly equipped consumers shop, the need of more co-operative field officers, electing honest loyal officers, constant evaluation of the society’s aims and objectives. These and many more will help to add life as well as activate the management and activities of the ANAMMCO worker’s co-operative society limited.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 General Introduction
1.2 Statement of the problems
1.3 Significance of the study
1.4 Objective of the study
1.5 Scope and Limitations of the Study
1.6 Research questions
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Field Activities undertaken by the Anammco Worker’s Multipurpose Co-operative Society Limited.
2.1.1 Credit and Thrift Savings.
2.1.2 Workers need to save
2.1.3 Worker’s need to borrow
2.1.4 Worker’s need to invest their savings/money.
2.1.2 Operating a consumer’s co-operative store.
2.2 The objectives and activities of the ANAMMCO worker’s multipurpose co-operative society Ltd.
2.2.1 Economic activities for meeting the needs of ANAMMCO worker’s multipurpose co-operative society Ltd.
2.2.2 Participatory democracy
2.2.3 Human responsibility
2.2.4 Social responsibility
2.2.5 National and International Economic co-operation.
2.3 The mode of operation and management of co-operative society
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
3.1 Historical Background/Overview of multipurpose co-operative society in Eastern Nigeria
3.2 Sampling procedure
3.3 Sources of Data
3.3.1 Oral interview
3.4 Population of the study
3.4.1 Sample size
3.5 Stastically presentation
3.6 Analytical presentation
PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
4.1 Aims and objectives of the society
4.2 Origin and membership
4.3 Social and business activities
4.4 Source of the finance
4.5 Record books of the society
4.6 Financial benefits to members
4.7 Assets and liabilities of the society
4.8 Problems facing the society
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2015, 09). An Appraisal Of The Activities And Management Methods Of Anammco Workers Multi-purpose Co-operative Society (enugu).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 09, 2015, from https://projectstoc.com/read/6378/an-appraisal-of-the-activities-and-management-methods-of-anammco-workers-multi-purpose-co-operative-society-enugu-4210
"An Appraisal Of The Activities And Management Methods Of Anammco Workers Multi-purpose Co-operative Society (enugu)." ProjectStoc.com. 09 2015. 2015. 09 2015 <https://projectstoc.com/read/6378/an-appraisal-of-the-activities-and-management-methods-of-anammco-workers-multi-purpose-co-operative-society-enugu-4210>.
"An Appraisal Of The Activities And Management Methods Of Anammco Workers Multi-purpose Co-operative Society (enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 09 2015. Web. 09 2015. <https://projectstoc.com/read/6378/an-appraisal-of-the-activities-and-management-methods-of-anammco-workers-multi-purpose-co-operative-society-enugu-4210>.
"An Appraisal Of The Activities And Management Methods Of Anammco Workers Multi-purpose Co-operative Society (enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. 09, 2015. Accessed 09, 2015. https://projectstoc.com/read/6378/an-appraisal-of-the-activities-and-management-methods-of-anammco-workers-multi-purpose-co-operative-society-enugu-4210.
- Related Works
- An Examination Of The Activities Of Agricultural Cooperative Societies In Economic Development Of Nkanu West Local Government Area (a Study Of Selected Agricultural Cooperative Societies In Nkanu West Local Government Area Of Enugu State)
- Solving The Problem Of Perennial Cash Scarcity (among Workers) Through The Membership Of Ctls (a Case Study Of Imt Mpcs Ltd)
- Causes Of The Ineffectiveness Of The Cooperative Sector In Developing The Economy (case Study Of Krpc Multi Purpose Cooperative Society Kaduna)
- Effective Administration Of Credit In Co-operative Enterprise (a Case Study Of Selected Co-oeratives In Enugu South L.g.a Of Enugu State
- The Role Of Banks In Nigeria Financing Agriculture (a Case Study Of First Bank Plc, Enugu)
- A Study On Cooperative Thrift And Loan Society (a Case Study Of Federal Ministry Of Industry And Technology, Owerri, Imo State - 1998 – June 2004)
- Auditing: An Essential Tool In Effective Management And Control Of Cooperative Businesses (a Case Study Of Selected Co-operative Societies In Aninri L.g.a, Enugu State)
- Benefits Of Cooperative Societies To Staff Of Federal Establishments In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Staffs Cooperative Thrift And Loan Society Limited, Enugu)
- An Analysis Of Federal Government’s In Increasing Cassava Production In Nigeria
- The Effects Of Credit Administration And Control On The Development Of Cooperative Societies