The Nigeria tax system had its share in terms of being adequately mobilized for an increased revenue and fiscal actions. The State tax revenue is no exemption or Exception to the fact that the revenue generating ability is grossly inadequate to meet up its government functions.
Taxation which is seen as compulsory payment made by the citizens of an entity (country) to the government is mis-constructed in terms, of what the government tax Agencies actually realizes from it.
The term “Taxation” as a source of Government revenue with special reference on the states tax revenue sources, is seen in this study as a lopsided mobilization effort in some states, used as a case study. The research carried out, using the ratio analysis and the difference equation evidently pointed out the fact that some states likes Lagos, Anambra etc. is able to mobilized. A sizeable pool of revenue with recourse to depending on the federal government.
Thus, it is suffix to say here that while some states are reaping a large share of revenue from tax some others are not able to able to meet up the challenges of tax collection either due to poor tax administration, lack of proper orientation to the indigenes on tax payments or inadequate commercial and industrial development in the states affected.
This study is enhanced because of the need to reappraise the tax system of each state, enlighten the supposed tax payers, give concessions. When aftermath of taxation the proceed of the aftermath of taxation into feasible developmental use and Re-Organise the tax Administration system of the states, to foster a move efficient and effective tax mobilization efforts of states.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TITLE PAGE i
APPROVAL PAGE ii
TABLE OF CONTENTS vi
1.0 Introduction 9
1.1 Objectives of the study 11
1.2 Significance of study 12
1.3 Scope and limitation of study 12
1.4 Terminologies in study 13
2.0 Background of the study 15
2.1 Principles of taxation in Nigeria 20
2.2 Theory of tax structure development in Nigeria 23
2.3 Administration of tax structure 25
2.4 Functions of a good tax system and Administration in Nigeria 27
2.5 Divisions of taxing power to state under the Nigeria constitutions 30
2.6 Analysis into the State Government tax revenues 33
2.7 Rights of the State tax boards and the tax payers 34
2.8 Economic effect of State Government’s tax and it’s
implication on the government. 35
3.0 Summary of finding, Conclusion and Recommendation 37
3.1 Summary of findings 37
3.2 Conclusion 40
3.3 Recommendation 42
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 11). Evaluation Of Taxation As A Source Of Government Revenue (a Case Study Of The State Board Of Internal Revenue).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/5022/evaluation-of-taxation-as-a-source-of-government-revenue-a-case-study-of-the-state-board-of-internal-revenue-448
"Evaluation Of Taxation As A Source Of Government Revenue (a Case Study Of The State Board Of Internal Revenue)." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2014. 2014. 11 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/5022/evaluation-of-taxation-as-a-source-of-government-revenue-a-case-study-of-the-state-board-of-internal-revenue-448>.
"Evaluation Of Taxation As A Source Of Government Revenue (a Case Study Of The State Board Of Internal Revenue).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2014. Web. 11 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/5022/evaluation-of-taxation-as-a-source-of-government-revenue-a-case-study-of-the-state-board-of-internal-revenue-448>.
"Evaluation Of Taxation As A Source Of Government Revenue (a Case Study Of The State Board Of Internal Revenue).." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2014. Accessed 11, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/5022/evaluation-of-taxation-as-a-source-of-government-revenue-a-case-study-of-the-state-board-of-internal-revenue-448.
- Related Works
- Effect Of Recruitment Selection Placement On Organizational Effectiveness
- The Need For Employees Motivation In Local Govt Service (a Case Study Of Akwanga Local Govt Council Of Nasarawa State)
- Bureaucracy And Efficiency In Nigeria Public Enterprises (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (phcn)
- Assessment Of The Influence Of Conflict Resolution On The Performance Of Public Organization (a Case Study Of Kaduna State Civil Service)
- Sustainable Democracy: A Dependent Variable To National Development (a Case Study Of Anambra State From 2007 – 2009) Mr. Peter Obi’s Administration.
- The Role Of Non – Government Organizations In Community Development. (a Case Study Of Ngor – Okpala South Local Government Area).
- The Role Of Local Government Bureacrats In Setting Development Goals At Grass Root Level
- Corruption In Local Government Administration In Nigeria: A Case Study Of Enugu North Local Government
- Public Relation A Tool For Conflict Resolution (a Case Study Of Nitel Ltd Enugu Territorial Office).
- Age Grade Association As An Agent Of Rural Development (a Case Study Of Nkpouno In Idemili North Local Government Area Of Anambra State)