The study is concerned with an investigation into fraud and financial malpractices as a leading factor in business failure and eventual liquidation.
A case study of Nigerian Telecommunication Limited (NITEL).
By way of background, the study commenced with an overview of the business environments and its effects on business growth and survival.
Using NITEL as a case study, it was established that inspite of its privatization, NITEL is still saddled with the problem of bad image arising mostly from fraudulent practices.
With the above stated problem, the specific objectives of the study were:
1. To ascertain why NITEL Plc is still saddled with problem.
2. To determine whether there is significant weakness in NITEL internal control system.
Data collected were analysed using weighted mean and ranking order. Major findings of the study were:
(i) The study revealed that the NITEL is unable to achieve its objective
(ii) It was also revealed that fraud and financial malpractices was the most important factors that has contributed poor performance of NITEL.
At the end, the following recommendation were made:
(i) NITEL management should design appropriate policies.
(ii) The organisation should also strengthened its internal control system.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page ii
Approval page iii
List of table viii
Table of content ix
1.1 Background of study 1
1.2 Statement of problem 4
1.3 The purpose of study 5
1.4 Scope of study 6
1.5 Research question 6
1.6 Significance of the study 7
Review Of Literature 9
2.1 Definition of distress/failures of a corporate 9
2.2 Causes of business failure 12
2.3 Summary of related reviewed literature 29
Research design and Methodology 30
3.1 Research design 30
3.2 Area of study 30
3.3 Population of the study 30
3.4 Sample size and sampling procedure 31
3.5 Instruments for data collection 34
3.6 Validity of the instrument 34
3.7 Reliability of the instrument 35
3.8 Method of administration of the research instrument 35
3.9 Method of data analysis 36
Data Presentation And Results 37
4.1 Research question 1 37
4.2 Research question 2 40
4.3 Research question 3 42
4.4 Research question 4 45
4.5 Summary of findings 47
Discussion Of Results, Conclusion, Implication Of Findings 49
5.1 Discussion of findings 49
5.2 Conclusions 51
5.3 Implications of the study 52
5.4 Recommendations 52
5.5 Suggestions for further studies 53
5.6 Limitation of the study 54
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 11). Fraud And Financial Malpractices As A Lending Factor To Business Failure (a Case Study Of Nigerian Telecommunication Limited (nitel).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/5005/fraud-and-financial-malpractices-as-a-lending-factor-to-business-failure-a-case-study-of-nigerian-telecommunication-limited-nitel-1267
"Fraud And Financial Malpractices As A Lending Factor To Business Failure (a Case Study Of Nigerian Telecommunication Limited (nitel)." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2014. 2014. 11 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/5005/fraud-and-financial-malpractices-as-a-lending-factor-to-business-failure-a-case-study-of-nigerian-telecommunication-limited-nitel-1267>.
"Fraud And Financial Malpractices As A Lending Factor To Business Failure (a Case Study Of Nigerian Telecommunication Limited (nitel).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2014. Web. 11 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/5005/fraud-and-financial-malpractices-as-a-lending-factor-to-business-failure-a-case-study-of-nigerian-telecommunication-limited-nitel-1267>.
"Fraud And Financial Malpractices As A Lending Factor To Business Failure (a Case Study Of Nigerian Telecommunication Limited (nitel).." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2014. Accessed 11, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/5005/fraud-and-financial-malpractices-as-a-lending-factor-to-business-failure-a-case-study-of-nigerian-telecommunication-limited-nitel-1267.
- Related Works
- Marketing Of Banking Services In Nigeria A Case Study Of The United Bank For African Plc (uba)
- The Problems In The Practice Of Standard Costing And Budgetary Control System In The Manufacturing Firm,. A Case Study Of Flourier Nig
- An Evaluation Of The Impact Of Management Crisis In Nigeria Financial Institutions
- The Study Of The Impact Of Universal Banking In Nigeria Financial System
- Problems Of Debt Recovery In Public Enterprises (a Case Study Of National Electrical Power Authority (nepa)
- The Credit Analysis And Loan Management In Commercial Bank
- The Effect Of Motivation Incentive On Bank Employee
- The Impact Of Information Technology On Customer’s Satisfaction And Profitability In Nigeria Banks. (a Case Study Of Trans International Bank Plc)
- An Assessment Of Customer Service In Financial Institution. (a Case Study Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc Enugu)
- The Right And Responsibilities Of A Bank To Their Customers