1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Finance has been a problem facing the government. The government of Nigeria is made up of the federal, state and local government which is preferably called the three tiers of government. But however, this work is only limited to the local government.
Local government forms the third tier of government in Nigeria. The aim of creating local government is to decentralize government so that local government which is nearest to the people will enable the people to participate in development process of their area. Local government is also referred to as government at this grassroots level.
To carry out its function, the local government must have readily available finances. This is because the need for finance is very important in any establishment.
In defining what finance is various perspectives from different aspects are recognized?
1. The layman understands finance as the volume of money held as cash and cash balances at bank.
2. The investor sees finance as the possession of funds when it is needed for investments.
3. The academics sees finance as the discipline that studies the science of funds management, which includes the institutions that are involved in sourcing funds such as the money market institutions, insurance market institutions and mortgage market institutions etc.
These guidelines help in generating funds and funds management.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUTION
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problem
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Scope and limitations of the study
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Need for local government
2.2 Local government source of fund
2.3 Local government organizational structure
2.4 The concept of financial administration
2.5 Definition of terms
CHAPTER THREE: SUMMARY
3.1 Summary of findings
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 11). The Overview Of Local Government Finance In The New Millenium.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/4884/the-overview-of-local-government-finance-in-the-new-millenium-4150
"The Overview Of Local Government Finance In The New Millenium." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2014. 2014. 11 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/4884/the-overview-of-local-government-finance-in-the-new-millenium-4150>.
"The Overview Of Local Government Finance In The New Millenium.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2014. Web. 11 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/4884/the-overview-of-local-government-finance-in-the-new-millenium-4150>.
"The Overview Of Local Government Finance In The New Millenium.." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2014. Accessed 11, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/4884/the-overview-of-local-government-finance-in-the-new-millenium-4150.
- Related Works
- The Effect Of Bureaucracy On Workers Productivity (a Case Study Of Rivers State Ministry Of Education)
- Functions And Achievements Of Government Support Agencies In The Development Of Enterprenuership In Enugu State. (a Case Study Of National Directorate Of Employment (n.d.e)
- Appraisal Of Techniques For Expenditure Control In Government Owned Hospitals
- Budgeting In Local Government System In Nigeria: Process, Problems And Prospects (a Case Study Of Udi Local Government Area)
- Boko Haram Crisis And The Socio-political Development Of Nigeria (a Case Study Of Niger State)
- Manpower Development And Productivity In Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Federal Polytechnic, Oko.
- Human Resources As A Catalyst For Economic Growth And Development In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Abuja Municipal Area Council)
- Effects Of Human Resources Training And Development On Workers’ Productivity In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria, Enugu State)
- The Effects Of Good Leadership And Administration In National Development (a Case Study Of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s Administration)
- Fiscal Federalism: The Bane Of Socio-economic And Political Development In Nigeria