Frauds and Malpractice are gradually becoming rampant and a daily occurrences in our banking industry while the bank management are busy working out means of detecting, checking frauds and malpractice, the frauders on the other end are busy designing new methods of circumventing those measures in conjunction with some dishonest bank staff. It should be pointed out that the effect destabilizes banks not only that, hinders growth of banks and attaining their aims and objectives or goals. Hence we have good number of distressed banks now in our country.
The menance ranges from falsification of entries, forgery of signatures of account holders, spurious letter of credit, theft and bank cashiers and outsiders, telex fraud to mention but a few.
The objectives of this research work is therefore to carryout survey and investigation on the major causes of frauds and malpractices in the banking industry with reference to Afribank (Plc), Union Bank (Plc), and the UBA (Plc) in Enugu zone.
The project also evaluated various forms of fraud and malpractice that can be existence, relating to this project in examining the problems, the researcher used both primary and secondary data.
In conclusion, the researcher believes that this study has some how achieved its predetermined aims and objectives by identifying various ways by which frauds and malpractice will be reduced if not prevented or even put to a stop by analyzing possible frauds and malpractice and possible ways of preventing them.
Finally, this report is primary a prelude to the student undertaking similar works in related discipline as the writer due to the constraints encountered could not go beyond this scope. This project finally worked out ways of preventing or reducing the above problems.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
COVER PAGE I
TITLE PAGE II
APPROVAL PAGE III
TABLE OF CONTENTS IX
BACKGROUND OF STUDY 2
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM 5
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY 7
SCOPE, LIMITATION, DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY 8
SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY 12
REVIEW OF LITERATURE 13
WHAT IS FRAUD AND MALPRACTICE 13
SOURCES, FORMS AND CAUSES 14
THE EFFECT OF BANK FRAUD AND MALPRACTICE 16
FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION 18
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 11). Critical Analysis Of Bank Fraud And Malpractice In Nigeria A Comparative Study Of Afribank, Union Bank And Uba Plc... ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/4718/critical-analysis-of-bank-fraud-and-malpractice-in-nigeria-a-comparative-study-of-afribank-union-bank-and-uba-plc-5550
"Critical Analysis Of Bank Fraud And Malpractice In Nigeria A Comparative Study Of Afribank, Union Bank And Uba Plc.." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2014. 2014. 11 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/4718/critical-analysis-of-bank-fraud-and-malpractice-in-nigeria-a-comparative-study-of-afribank-union-bank-and-uba-plc-5550>.
"Critical Analysis Of Bank Fraud And Malpractice In Nigeria A Comparative Study Of Afribank, Union Bank And Uba Plc..." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2014. Web. 11 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/4718/critical-analysis-of-bank-fraud-and-malpractice-in-nigeria-a-comparative-study-of-afribank-union-bank-and-uba-plc-5550>.
"Critical Analysis Of Bank Fraud And Malpractice In Nigeria A Comparative Study Of Afribank, Union Bank And Uba Plc..." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2014. Accessed 11, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/4718/critical-analysis-of-bank-fraud-and-malpractice-in-nigeria-a-comparative-study-of-afribank-union-bank-and-uba-plc-5550.
- Related Works
- Effective Management Of Nigerian External Reserves
- An Evaluation Of The Impact Of Urban Development Bank In Project Financial In Nigeria
- Fraud Detection And Prevention In Banks A Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc Enugu Main
- “the Impact Of Central Bank Of Nigeria Prudential Guidelines On The Financial Statement Of Licensed: A Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc And Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc
- Conventionally Auditing And Collapse Of Firms The Way Out
- Detection And Control Of Financial Frauds In Nigeria Banking System; Problems And Solution (a Case Study Of U.b.a)
- Distress In The Financial Industry: Cases, Application And Posible Solution
- The Contribution Of Commercial Banks To The Growth Of The Banking Sector In Liberia
- Loan Recovery Problem In Commercial Banks Of Nigeria: The Impact On The Fainancial Subsector Of The Economy (a Case Study Of Union Bank Nigeria Plc)
- Failed Banks Liquidation Activities Of The Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (ndic) An Empirical Analysis