The adverse situation in the various local government areas of Nigeria has led the researcher to go into this very topic. Hence, the purpose of this work is to enlighten people, mostly students in the school of financial studies on how revenue is generated in local governments, problems confronting them as regards revenue generation as well as prospects to the problems.
However, local governments are expected to use the fund generated in embarking on income earning projects, projects, that come under fee or bill charging utilities like portable water, electricity, construction of market squares etc.
However, before fund can be generated, one must make ways of getting the funds like grants given to local governments for some purposes by the federal government. The central government also determines the sources, extent, purpose and maximum duration for which borrowing is to embark upon by the local government and not just going ahead to borrow.
Local government raise loans to purchase plants and equipment, as well as other projects whose costs are too great for them to embark on at a time.
Furthermore, local authorities in Nigeria are responsible for the establishment and maintenance of public motor parts, bad roads, market squares etc.
It is therefore recommended for students in the school of financial studies at all level (who will be opportune to lay hands on this write up) as a ground for the much needed funds internally generated revenue to facilitate projects execution by local governments.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1STATEMENT OF PROBLMS
1.2OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1.3SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1.4SCOPE, LIMITATION AND DELIMITATION
1.5DEFINITION OF TERMS
REVIEW OF RELATEDLITERATURE
2.0EXTERNAL SOURCES OF FUNDS
2.4INTERNAL SOURCES OF FUNDS
2.5PERSONAL INCOME TAX
2.8FEES AND CHARGES
2.10COURT FINES AND FEES
3.0SOURCES OF DATA
3.1LOCATION OF DATA
3.2ANALYSIS OF DATA
3.3 RESEARCH POPULATION
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
RECOMMENTION AND CONCLUSION
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Revenue Generation In Local Government Areas (problems And Prospects).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/459/revenue-generation-in-local-government-areas-problems-and-prospects
"Revenue Generation In Local Government Areas (problems And Prospects)." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/459/revenue-generation-in-local-government-areas-problems-and-prospects>.
"Revenue Generation In Local Government Areas (problems And Prospects).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/459/revenue-generation-in-local-government-areas-problems-and-prospects>.
"Revenue Generation In Local Government Areas (problems And Prospects).." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/459/revenue-generation-in-local-government-areas-problems-and-prospects.
- Related Works
- A Study Of The Management Of Bad Debt In The Nigerian Banking Industry Scope And Remedies
- An Appraisal Of Impact Of Electronic Banking In Zenith Bank Nigeria Plc, Kano
- The Control Of Inflation Using Central Bank Of Nigeria (cbn) Monetary Policy
- Banking Lending Policies And Recovery Procedure In Nigeria
- Bank Financing Small Scale Business Unit. (a Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc Enugu Branch)
- The Problems And Prospects Of Debt Management In Nigerian Finance Institutions
- The Impact Of Interest Rate Deregulation On Commercial Banks’ Lending Operations In Nigeria (a Survey Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc Enugu
- An Assessment Of The Nigerian Stock Exchange Market And The Financing Of The Industrial Sector (2002-2012)
- The Examinatin Of The Role Of Financial Bank In Consoliating Stability In Foreign Exchange
- The Effect Of High Interest Rate In Small Scale Industry