It is a well-known fact that there are memories problems inherent in the Nigerian personal income tax system. With the present economic mess in the country, a lot of problems emanated from the assessments, collection and management of personal income tax. Personal income tax is a source of revenue to the government and, therefore must be saved from the set backs.
Since we are not in an ideal world, the problems associated with personal income tax may not be completely eradicated but can be reduced to a manageable extent. At is the intention of this work, therefore, to find out some of the hindrances initiating against the tax system and to find possible remedies.
Prior to this research work, the writer held the view that people avoid to pay taxes and the boards responsible for tax collection and administration are just ignorant of the importance of their tasks and the effects. An in-depth research carried out into the system revealed among others, that people do not show commitment in this respect due to lack of adequate trained personnel in Nigeria tax laws, and other laid down principles are not strictly followed.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENT
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATIONS
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
CHAPTER TWO: REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1 MEANING OF TAXATION AND ITS ORIGIN IN NIGERIA
2.2 IMPORTANCE OF TAXATION IN NIGERIA
2.3 ATTRIBUTES OF A GOOD TAX SYSTEM
2.4 EFFECTS OF TAXATION
2.5 THE ORANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE
2.6 ADMINISTRATION FRAME WORK
2.7 OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
2.8 PROBLEMS OF PERSONAL INCOME TAX COLLECTION
SUMMARY OF FINDING AND CONCLUSION
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 10). Problems Of Personal Income Tax Collection And Management In Nigeria.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 10, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/3994/problems-of-personal-income-tax-collection-and-management-in-nigeria-8325
"Problems Of Personal Income Tax Collection And Management In Nigeria." ProjectStoc.com. 10 2014. 2014. 10 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/3994/problems-of-personal-income-tax-collection-and-management-in-nigeria-8325>.
"Problems Of Personal Income Tax Collection And Management In Nigeria.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 10 2014. Web. 10 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/3994/problems-of-personal-income-tax-collection-and-management-in-nigeria-8325>.
"Problems Of Personal Income Tax Collection And Management In Nigeria.." ProjectStoc.com. 10, 2014. Accessed 10, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/3994/problems-of-personal-income-tax-collection-and-management-in-nigeria-8325.
- Related Works
- The Effects Of Management Of Accounts Receivables On The Performance Of Public Corporations (a Case Study Of Nepa)
- The Problems Encountered By External Auditors In Auditing Nigerian Companies (a Case Study Of Akintola Williams And Co. Chartered Accountant, Enugu)
- The Role Of Acountant In Project Feasibility And Viability Appraisal ( A Case Study Of Casava Starch Produciton)
- Problems And Prospects Of Local Government Finance/accounting In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Nsukka Local Government Area)
- An Appraisal Of The Efficiency Of Internal Control System Of Accounting Records In Nigeria Commercial Banks A Case Study Of United Bank For Africa (uba)
- Problems Of Personal Income Tax Collection And Management In Nigeria
- Auditing As An Instrument For Ensuring Accountability
- The Role Of Financial Institution In A Developing Economy
- Management Audit As A Tool Of Achieving Organisational Objectives (a Case Study Of Eastern Nigeria Plastics)
- Analysis Of Financial Ratios As An Aid To Economic Analysis (a Case Study Of Union Bank Plc Enugu)