In this research work, the researcher intended to have a general discussion with local government as my background. But lack of space may not allow me for detailed discussion and analysis. However, all essentials part of the role of local government administration in economic and social development of rural areas in Nigeria are discussed and analysis. However, all essential parts of the “Effect of local government administration in Economic and Social Development of Rural Areas in Nigeria are discussed. In chapter one (1) discussed the background. Statement of the problem, objective of the study, some research questions, significance of the study, scope of the study, limitations of the study, scope of the study, limitation of the study and definition of some terms. Chapter two (2) contains review of related literature local government administration, social and economic development process, history of local government in Nigeria, lack of local government mobilization for communal development, sources of revenue generation in the local government chapter three contains research design and research methodology. Research design, population of study, sample size, instrument for data collection, data analysis and chapter four contain summary of findings, recommendations and conclusions. The concluded that that local government institution have succeeded to be effective and efficient tool of development, with trained personnel and funds, therefore it has made reasonable effects to other upliftment of the lives of rural dwellers. And recommended that federal government should allocate funds to the local government or the socio-economic problem to enhance their standard of living
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page ii
Approval page iii
Table of contents viii
1.1 Background of the study 1
1.2 Statement of the problem 3
1.3 Purpose of the study 4
1.4 Scope of the study 5
1.5 Research questions 5
1.6 Research hypothesis 6
1.7 Significance of the study 7
1.8 Definition of term 9
Review of related literature 10
2.1 Local government administration 12
2.2 Social and economic development process 17
2.3 Characteristics of rural areas 19
2.4 The history of local government in Nigeria 20
2.5 Local Government Mobilization For Communal Development 24
2.6 Sources of revenue generation in the local govt. 29
Research design and methodology 36
3.1 Population of the study 39
3.2 Sample Selection for the study 46
3.3 Method of Data Collection and Analysis 48
3.4 Analysis of Data 51
Summary of Findings, Conclusion and Recommendations
4.1 Summary of Finding 52
4.2 Recommendation 54
4.3 Conclusion 55
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 09). The Effect Of Local Government Administration In Economic And Social Development (a Case Study Of Nsukka Local Government Area, Enugu State).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 09, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/3330/the-effect-of-local-government-administration-in-economic-and-social-development-a-case-study-of-nsukka-local-government-area-enugu-state-978
"The Effect Of Local Government Administration In Economic And Social Development (a Case Study Of Nsukka Local Government Area, Enugu State)." ProjectStoc.com. 09 2014. 2014. 09 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/3330/the-effect-of-local-government-administration-in-economic-and-social-development-a-case-study-of-nsukka-local-government-area-enugu-state-978>.
"The Effect Of Local Government Administration In Economic And Social Development (a Case Study Of Nsukka Local Government Area, Enugu State).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 09 2014. Web. 09 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/3330/the-effect-of-local-government-administration-in-economic-and-social-development-a-case-study-of-nsukka-local-government-area-enugu-state-978>.
"The Effect Of Local Government Administration In Economic And Social Development (a Case Study Of Nsukka Local Government Area, Enugu State).." ProjectStoc.com. 09, 2014. Accessed 09, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/3330/the-effect-of-local-government-administration-in-economic-and-social-development-a-case-study-of-nsukka-local-government-area-enugu-state-978.
- Related Works
- The Role Of Effective Administration In The Rapid Social-economic Transformation Of Nigeria
- Enterpreneurship Development A Strategy For Rural Development (a Case Study Of King-size Pharmaceutical Company River State)
- Boko Haram Crisis And The Socio-political Development Of Nigeria (a Case Study Of Niger State).
- The Roles And Functions Of The Civil Service In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Anambra State Civil Service
- Effect Of Employee Performance Appraisal On Workers Performance In Nigeria Civil Service (a Case Study Of Enugu State Ministry Of Lands)
- Effective Management In Government Owned Establishment (a Case Study Of Enugu State Transport Company (entraco) Enugu)
- Relevance Of The Social Contract Theory To The Nigerian System Of Government
- Effective Internal Control System As A Measure Of Fraud Prevention In The Public Service. (a Case Study Of Board Of Internal Revenue Enugu State).
- The Civil Service And Economic Development Of Nigeria.
- Effects Of Human Resources Training And Development On Workers’ Productivity In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria, Enugu State)