This research study dealt on Bureaucracy and National Development” a case study of Abia State. For the purpose of this study both primary and secondary data sources were used. The major data analysis technique applied were the frequency table simple percentage method and the chi-square tools. Moreso at the end of the study the major conclusion were thus: Bureaucracy in Abia State modern organizations in variation with the ideal type of bureaucracy, there are some socio-cultural factors in Abia State that impinge on ideal bureaucratization such as favouritism etc. Bureaucracy inefficiency in Abia State is rooted in the element of its variation with the ideal type of Weberian bureaucracy, those who are less qualified are promoted to superintend over those who are qualified than they are. Based on that, the researcher recommended that a thorough and well articulated reforms which will enshrine the proper institutionalization of weberian ideal principles of bureaucracy should be made that entrance into public bureaucracy should be guided by meritocracy.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page ii
Table of contents vii
1.1 Background of the study 1
1.2 Statement of the problem 7
1.3 Objectives of the study 10
1.4 Hypothesis 11
1.5 Significance of the study 11
1.6 Scope of the study 14
1.7 Limitations of the study 14
1.8 Definition of terms 15
REVIEW OF RELEVANT LITERATURE
2.1 The conceptual framework/introduction 16
2.2 Review of related Empirical Research 33
3.1 Population of Study 43
3.2 Determination of sample size 43
3.3 Method of data collection and analysis 44
3.4 Presentation of Data 46
3.5 Analysis of data 58
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSION
4.1 Summary of Findings 71
4.2 Recommendations 72
4.3 Conclusion 73
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 09). Public Bureaucracy And National Development In Nigeria.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 09, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/3304/public-bureaucracy-and-national-development-in-nigeria-4743
"Public Bureaucracy And National Development In Nigeria." ProjectStoc.com. 09 2014. 2014. 09 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/3304/public-bureaucracy-and-national-development-in-nigeria-4743>.
"Public Bureaucracy And National Development In Nigeria.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 09 2014. Web. 09 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/3304/public-bureaucracy-and-national-development-in-nigeria-4743>.
"Public Bureaucracy And National Development In Nigeria.." ProjectStoc.com. 09, 2014. Accessed 09, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/3304/public-bureaucracy-and-national-development-in-nigeria-4743.
- Related Works
- Effective Internal Control System As A Measure Of Fraud Prevention In The Public Service. (a Case Study Of Board Of Internal Revenue Enugu State).
- Bureaucracy And Efficiency In Nigeria Public Enterprises (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (phcn)
- The Role Of Non-governmental Organizations In The Development Of Rural Areas (a Case Study Of Community Self-help Organization)
- Management Practices In The Nigerian Public Service (a Case Study Of The National Electric Power Authority Plc)
- The Impact Of Budget Implementation In An Organization (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Works And Housing Awka)
- The Effect Of Poverty On Educational Development Of The Citizens. (a Case Study Of Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Students)
- Relevance Of The Social Contract Theory To The Nigerian System Of Government
- Organization Structure As A Tool For Effective Management (a Case Study Of National Institute For Transport Technology)
- Assessment Of Internal Control System In Government Establishment. (a Case Study Of Unth, Enugu)
- Strategies For Improving Productivity In Nigeria Civil Service (a Case Study Of Edo State Civil Service)