In this project, a biometric authentication system based on measurements of the user's three-dimensional (3-D) hand geometry is proposed. The system relies on a novel real-time and low-cost 3-D sensor that generates a dense range image of the scene. By exploiting 3-D information we are able to limit the constraints usually posed on the environment and the placement of the hand, and this greatly contributes to the unobtrusiveness of the system. Efficient, close to real-time algorithms for hand segmentation, localization and 3-D feature measurement are described and tested on an image database simulating a variety of working conditions. The performance of the system is shown to be similar to state-of-the-art hand geometry authentication techniques but without sacrificing the convenience of the user.
TABLE OF CONTENT
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
1.2 PURPOSE OF STUDY
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
2.0 LITERATURE REVIEW
3.0 METHODS FOR FACT FINDING AND DETAILED DISCUSSIONS OF THE SYSTEM
3.1 METHODOLOGIES FOR FACT-FINDING
4.0 FUTURES, IMPLICATIONS AND CHALLENGES OF THE SYSTEM
5.0 RECOMMENDATIONS, SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 08). Personal Authentication Using 3-d Finger Geometry.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 08, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/2803/personal-authentication-using-3-d-finger-geometry-7372
"Personal Authentication Using 3-d Finger Geometry." ProjectStoc.com. 08 2014. 2014. 08 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/2803/personal-authentication-using-3-d-finger-geometry-7372>.
"Personal Authentication Using 3-d Finger Geometry.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 08 2014. Web. 08 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/2803/personal-authentication-using-3-d-finger-geometry-7372>.
"Personal Authentication Using 3-d Finger Geometry.." ProjectStoc.com. 08, 2014. Accessed 08, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/2803/personal-authentication-using-3-d-finger-geometry-7372.
- Related Works
- Design And Implementation Of Computerized Medical Duties Scheduling System (a Case Study Of University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerised Traffic Offence Documentation System. (case Study Of Federal Road Safety Commissioner, Enugu)
- Design And Implementation Of Comupterized Business Forecasting System Using Regression Analysis (a Case Study Of Anammco Ltd) Emene Enugu.
- A Novel Secure Communication Protocol For Adhoc Network (scp) (case Study Of Pleasure World Cafe )
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerised Quality Control System For A Manufacturing Organisation (a Case Study Of S.e.d.i Enugu)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerised Stadium Management Information System (case Study Of Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium Enugu)
- Design And Implementation Of An Online Shopping System
- Application Of Bill Accounting System For A Hotel Industry (case Study Of Hotel Presidential)
- Image Stream Transfer Using Real Time Transmission Protocol
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerised Airplane Passenger Manifest Information (a Case Study Of Sosoliso Airways)