The United Nations has designated 1981 the International Year for Disabled Persons. It is therefore appropriate that Computer is dedicating its first issue of the year to computing and the handicapped. The evolution of low cost computing technology promises an unprecedented spectrum of opportunities for the developmentally disabled. From aids to independent living to flexible tools that can greatly increase the variety and quality of job opportunities, the rapidly evolving field of computing is pregnant with possibilities. To help turn these possibilities to reality, Johns Hopkins University is conducting a national search/contest in applications of computers for the handicapped. The field is as active as mainstream computing, and a multitude of products has entered the market at about the same time. This is especially gratifying to the handicapped user, who, as recently as a few months ago had virtually nothing with which to enhance his quality of life, or increase his potential for earning a livelihood.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
1.2PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1.3IMPORTANCE / SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1.4DEFINITION OF TERMS
1.5ASSUMPTION OF THE STUDY
2.1MAJOR FACTORS OF HANDICAP COMPUTING
3.2CURRENT POSSIBILITIES FOR INPUT AND OUTPUT INFORMATION
3.3DEAF, HARD-OF-HEARING, HEARING-IMPAIRED
3.4BLIND, VISUALLY-IMPAIRED, LOW-VISION
4.0HOW DO DISABLED PEOPLE USE COMPUTERS
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Computing For The Handicapped.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/303/computing-for-the-handicapped
"Computing For The Handicapped." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/303/computing-for-the-handicapped>.
"Computing For The Handicapped.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/303/computing-for-the-handicapped>.
"Computing For The Handicapped.." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/303/computing-for-the-handicapped.
- Related Works
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerised Transaction Processing And Reporting System For A Moerdern Supermarket Case Study Of Eastern Shop Enugu
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Financial Management System For Public Institutions (a Case Study Of Unth, Enugu)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerised Crime Record System (a Case Study Of State C.i.d. Headquarters Enugu)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerised Information System For A Small Business Enterprise (case Study Of Texaco Filling Station)
- Design And Implementation Of A Software For Examination Supervision Scheduling For An Institution Of Higher Learning A Case Study Of Imt Enugu
- Web Base Proxy Server An Overviewed Of Issues And Prospects
- Flat File Database System Vs Relational Database System
- Design And Implementation Of Operating System Environment To Prevent The Miss Use Of System Calls (a Case Study Of Mtn Enugu Branch)
- Error Detection And Correction In Data Communications Using Parity Bit And Cyclic Redundancy Check
- Apartment Management System