RAID is now used as an umbrella term for computer data storage schemes that can divide and replicate data among multiple physical drives. The physical drives are said to be in a RAID, which is accessed by the operating system as one single drive. The different schemes or architectures are named by the word RAID followed by a number (e.g., RAID 0, RAID 1). Each scheme provides a different balance between two key goals: increase data reliability and increase input/output performance.
RAID, acronym for Redundant Array of Independent Disks (originally Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks), is a storage technology that provides increased reliability and functions through redundancy. This is achieved by combining multiple disk drive components into a logical unit, where data is distributed across the drives in one of several ways called "RAID levels"; this concept is an example of storage virtualization and was first defined by David A. Patterson, Garth A. Gibson, and Randy Katz at the University of California, Berkeley in 1987 as Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive Disks. Marketers representing industry RAID manufacturers later attempted to reinvent the term to describe a redundant array of independent disks as a means of dissociating a low-cost expectation from RAID technology.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
1.2PURPOSE OF STUDY
1.3IMPORTANCE OF STUDY
1.4DEFINITION OF TERMS
1.5ASSUMPTION OF STUDY
2.0 LITERETURE REVIEW
3.0 PROBLEMS WITH RAID
3.1 CORRELATED FAILURES
3.3 WRITE CACHE RELIABILITY
3.4 EQUIPMENT COMPATIBILITY
3.5 DATA RECOVERY IN THE EVENT OF A FAILED ARRAY
4.0 RAID 10 VERSUS RAID 5 IN RELATIONAL DATABASES
CHAPTER FIVE: CONCLUSION
5.1LIMITATION OF STUDY
5.2SUGGESTION FOR FURTHER RESEARCH
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Raid Technology.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology
"Raid Technology." Afribary.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology>.
"Raid Technology.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology>.
"Raid Technology.." Afribary.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology.
- Related Works
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Office Inventory System (a Case Study Of N.b.c Plc 9th Mile Corner Ngwo)
- Inventory Management System
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerised Market Information System (a Case Study Of 9th Mile Corner Ngwo)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Information Management System In Seismic Data Processing
- Design And Implementation Computerized Employee Clocking System (a Case Study Of Marlun Construction Company Enugu)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Information System In A Grocery Business
- Design And Implementation Of A Computer Based Household Inventory System (case Study Presidential Hotel Enugu)
- Design And Implication Of Civil Service Salary Payment System (a Case Study Of Civil Service Commission Enugu)
- The Design And Implementation Of A Computer Pharmaceutical Centre (a Case Study Of Osco Pharmaceutical Centre Warri, Delta State)
- Design And Implement Of Computerized Population Analysis System (a Case Study Of National Population Commissioner (n P C) Enugu)