The various literature studies intended to stress the mass media role in the National Development which reflects in the area of democracy political leadership.
In this study the researcher decided to draw home the truism that without a national political consciousness and viable political participation resulting in good leadership; there could be no genuine national development.
The mass media as the fourth estate of government had been assigned the various responsibilities in the society including he watchdog role the educator and entertainer of the various segments of the people.
The roe of the mass media as an instrument of political mobilization in the modern societies involves a whole network of more or less formalized institutions that deals with communication of all types. Normally this requires a considerable capital as the case with the radio television and publishing houses. Necessarily, they have to Carter for the mass audience.
For this reason those who control the mass media is usually suggest that they have the ability and capacity to manipulate and mobilize the people during the transition era.
The alteration of primary social relationship under the impact of industrialization has left the population lacking in sense of group identity and social control. The Nigeria democratic system having been bastardized and destroyed by certain degrunted elements, look into the mass as the way out to correct the abnormally and injustice the Nigeria democratic dispensation. This work tried to identify the functions problems and prospects of the mass media of communication and equally highlights their ability to carry out this enormous responsibility to an enviable height in the mobilization of the people towards a viable and sustaining democratic polity.
The success of the new political order in Nigeria comes by the year 2007 depends. To a large extent, the level of political awareness in Nigeria could be raised, and the choice of the Enugu state broadcasting service as a case study is aimed at diagnonizing the impact and effect of the medium towards the proper mobilization of the people.
The work highlights the impact of the mass media in informing educating and entertaining the masses towards polity. It is hoped that if the findings and recommendations suggested in this work are followed Nigerians could have a chance of witnessing an enduring and lasting political culture.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of research problems
1.3 Objectives of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Research hypothesis
1.7 Definition of terms
1.8 Limitations of the study
1.9 Theoretical framework
2.1 Literature review
2.2 Theoretical review
2.3 Summary of literature review
3.1 Research method
3.2 Research design
3.3 Research sample
3.4 Research instruments
3.5 Method of data analysis
Results and analysis of data
4.2 Analysis of data
4.3 Discussion of data
Summary, conclusion and recommendations
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 04). Mass Media As An Instrument Of Political Mobilization: (a Case Study Of The Enugu State Broadcasting Service (esbs).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 04, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/1296/mass-media-as-an-instrument-of-political-mobilization-a-case-study-of-the-enugu-state-broadcasting-service-esbs
"Mass Media As An Instrument Of Political Mobilization: (a Case Study Of The Enugu State Broadcasting Service (esbs)." ProjectStoc.com. 04 2013. 2013. 04 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/1296/mass-media-as-an-instrument-of-political-mobilization-a-case-study-of-the-enugu-state-broadcasting-service-esbs>.
"Mass Media As An Instrument Of Political Mobilization: (a Case Study Of The Enugu State Broadcasting Service (esbs).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 04 2013. Web. 04 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/1296/mass-media-as-an-instrument-of-political-mobilization-a-case-study-of-the-enugu-state-broadcasting-service-esbs>.
"Mass Media As An Instrument Of Political Mobilization: (a Case Study Of The Enugu State Broadcasting Service (esbs).." ProjectStoc.com. 04, 2013. Accessed 04, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/1296/mass-media-as-an-instrument-of-political-mobilization-a-case-study-of-the-enugu-state-broadcasting-service-esbs.
- Related Works
- An Appraisal Of Nigerian Media As An Instrument For Eradicating Corruption (a Case Study Of Federal Radio Corporation Of Nigeria’s Effects In Obasanjo’s Anti-corruption Crusade).
- The Effects Of Media Programme On Rural Development (a Case Study Of Esbs, Nu Oha Programme
- The Use Of Internet As A Communication Tool In International Marketing ( A Survey Of The Opinion Of Selected Computer –literates In Enugu Metropolis)
- The Impact Of News Commentaries On Radio Listeners (a Case Study Of Federal Radio Corporation Of Nigeria Enugu)
- Role Of Enugu State Broadcasting Service In Conflict Resolution (a Study Of Enugu North)
- Role Of Nigerian Television Authority In The Mobilization Of The Electorate For Political Elections (a Study Of 2011 Election In Makurdi Local Government Area, Benue State)
- Nigerian Home Movies And Influences On Igbo Culture
- Challenges Facing Nigerian Media Establishments In The Dissemination Of Information (a Case Study Of Nta, Abuja)
- Communication Imbalance Exist In The Coverage Of Rural And Urban News By Nigerian Newspapers
- The Role Of The Press In The Political Polarisation Of The Nigerian National Development.