This is a study that is pre-occupied with an in-depth analysis of the influence of Mass Media pm the coverage of Human Rights activities and also on political issues in Nigeria. Some national deilies like the vangurage, New Nigerian, Punch and Daily Times Newspapers were critically evaluated and content analyzed, on a given period of time.
In achieving this, we embarked on a look into the extent of coverage given to human rights issues as regards their views on national political issues. The press objectivity coverage quest and the ownership restrictions were also studied to determine whether it has any relevance with ethnicity or not. There is also a drawn comparison between newspapers which area supposed to have the characters of ethnicity and those that area biased based on the ownership pattern.
On the whole, five hypothesis were examined. The first hypothesis says that â€œis privately controlled newspapers report more objectively on human rights issues in Nigeria then the government owned newspapersâ€ which was accepted by the result of this study.
The second hypothesis which states that tribalism and religious sentiments, play prominent role in Nigeria media more than professional Journalism in governing political right issues. The results obtained in this study also accepted this hypothesis.
The third and fifth hypothesis also lent statistical support. However, the forth hypothesis which states that media, operating with a particular geographical location will emphasize their interest above any other consideration in their coverage of political and human rights issues was to some extend rejected.
A part of our recommendation is that since ethnicity has been revealed to be interfering with the objective of events, identified sectionalists should be denied licenses to own news paper or other mass media gadgets to allow free hards so as to ensure objectivity of coverage and true practices of ethical Journalistic measurer. Itâ€™s therefore hoped that this research work will help to improve the mass media coverage of human right issues as this will educate and enlighten the society on their rights, which they at not fully aware of.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
1.0 Background of the study
1.1 statement of the problems
1.2 objective of the study
1.3 Significant of the study
1.4 Research questions
1.6 Limitations of the study
Review of the literature
2.0 Introduction on human right
2.1 Sources of literature
2.2AReviews on the media with special references to Nigerian situation
2.2bEmergence and development of human rights
2.2cMedia biases vis â€“ a â€“ vis political and human rights violation an abuse in Nigerian
2.3 summary of literature review
3.0 Research method
3.1 research design
3.2 Research sample
3.3 Measuring instruments
3.4 Data collection
3.5 Data analysis
3.6 Expected result
Data analysis and results
4.0 Data analysis
4.2 Discussion of result
Summary, recommendation and conclusion
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 04). Mass Media And The Coverage Of Human Rights Issues In Nigeria.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 04, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/1283/mass-media-and-the-coverage-of-human-rights-issues-in-nigeria
"Mass Media And The Coverage Of Human Rights Issues In Nigeria." ProjectStoc.com. 04 2013. 2013. 04 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/1283/mass-media-and-the-coverage-of-human-rights-issues-in-nigeria>.
"Mass Media And The Coverage Of Human Rights Issues In Nigeria.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 04 2013. Web. 04 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/1283/mass-media-and-the-coverage-of-human-rights-issues-in-nigeria>.
"Mass Media And The Coverage Of Human Rights Issues In Nigeria.." ProjectStoc.com. 04, 2013. Accessed 04, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/1283/mass-media-and-the-coverage-of-human-rights-issues-in-nigeria.
- Related Works
- The Role Of Print Media Communication In Sports Development. (a Case Study Of Enugu State)
- The Role Of Electronic Media In Combating Drug Abuse And National Security A Case Study Of N.t.a. Enugu State.
- The Role Of Radio In Improving The Educational System In Enugu State: A Case Study Of Esbs/imt Poly Air Programme
- The Impact Of Communication On The Organizational Efficiency In Nepa Enugu.
- Audience Perception Of Commercial Telecast During Nta Network News Programme: (a Case Study Of Onitsha Metropolis)
- Role Of Frcn In Propagating Culture In Nigeria (a Study Of Abatete Idemili South L.g.a In Anambra State)
- The Impact Of Portrayals Of The Image Of Women On The Television Adverts Of Alcohol & Tobacco: (a Case Study Of Guinness Stout & Benson & Hedges Cigarette
- Impact Of Top Rank Hotels Profitability Through Advertising In Nta Enugu.
- The Role Of Television In The Political Mobilization Of Rural Areas In Nigeria Case Study Of Njikoka L.g.a
- Causes And Effect Of Ineffective Communication In The Banking Industry