An elevator group supervisory controller is a control system that manages systematically two or more elevators in order to serve passengers as required. The elevator cars are assigned accordingly in response to hall calls, so as to optimize waiting time, riding time, power consumption, passengersâ€™ comfort, etc. In this paper, the simplicity of ordinal structure fuzzy logic in making crucial supervisory control decisions is demonstrated. In addition, in order to further improve the performance, a new approach of ordinal structure fuzzy logic with context adaptation is demonstrated to implement an elevator group supervisory controller for a building with 15 floors and 4 elevator cars.
Simulations comparing ordinal structure fuzzy logic algorithm with and without context adaptation, show that the former performs better.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
1.2PURPOSE OF STUDY
1.3IMPORTANCE OF STUDY
1.4DEFINITION OF TERMS
1.5ASSUMPTION OF STUDY
2.0 LITERETURE REVIEW
2.1 HOW DOES FUZZY LOGIC WORK?
2.2 FUZZY CONNECTIVES
2.3 PROPOSITIONAL FUZZY LOGICS
3.0 DESTINATION BASED ELEVATOR CONTROL SYSTEMS
3.1 FUZZY LOGIC CONTROLLER (FLC) DESIGN
3.2 NUMERICAL EXAMPLE
4.0 OSFL ELEVATOR GROUP SUPERVISORY CONTROLLER
4.1 CONTEXT ADAPTATION (CA)
CHAPTER FIVE: CONCLUSION
5.1LIMITATION OF STUDY
5.2SUGGESTION FOR FURTHER RESEARCH
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 10). Application Of Fuzzy Logic In An Elevator.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 10, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/120/application-of-fuzzy-logic-in-an-elevator
"Application Of Fuzzy Logic In An Elevator." ProjectStoc.com. 10 2012. 2012. 10 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/120/application-of-fuzzy-logic-in-an-elevator>.
"Application Of Fuzzy Logic In An Elevator.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 10 2012. Web. 10 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/120/application-of-fuzzy-logic-in-an-elevator>.
"Application Of Fuzzy Logic In An Elevator.." ProjectStoc.com. 10, 2012. Accessed 10, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/120/application-of-fuzzy-logic-in-an-elevator.
- Related Works
- Design And Implementation Of Speed Sensor
- Design And Implementation Of Nitc Student Information System (case Study Of First Bank Training Institute Enugu)
- Using The Computer System In Crime Investigation
- Addressing Principles Used In Tcp/ip Protocols
- Designing Transaction Processing System For A Business Organization
- Peer To Peer Messaging System Using Jxta
- Design And Implementation Of Query Routing Optimization In Sensor Communication Network
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerised Population Census Monitoring System. A Case Study Of National Population Commission, Enugu
- Role Of Computer In The Banking Sector
- Design And Implementation Of Voice Organization (a Case Study Of Nokia)