This research investigated the importance of internet to students of academic institutions in Nigeria by library students and students of Imo State University Owerri.
A sample size of 399 of the students was surveyed. The instrument for data collection was questionnaires were used for data analysis.
The study reveals that the importance of internet to student constitutes the most important aspect of academic enhancement; it helps and support students in acquiring knowledge especially the library students and other students. It also reveals that these students have different responses and different approaches in the importance of interne either by academic culture or for other reasons peculiar to them. The different categories of internet websites are used by students and their reasons for using them depend on the individual users. The findings also reveals that the students utilizes the internet in order to assist them in their various research works and thereby providing the needed information in their field of interest
The utility of the internet and its websites as an aid to student appears to be means and channel of enhancing their knowledge.
More importantly, the study seek to establish how internet importance are utilized by student in tertiary institutions especially the Imo State University student.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 Background of the problem
1.2 Historical background of Imo State University and its library
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Research question
1.5 Significant of the study
1.6 Scope of the study
1.7 Definition of basic concept
2.0 Literature review
2.2 The concept of the internet
2.3 Benefit of internet resources
2.4 Importance of internet to students
2.5 Services of internet t students
2.6 Summary of review
3.0 Research methodology
3.2 Research design
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample size and sampling technique
3.5 Instrument for data collection
3.6 Procedure for data collection
3.7 Method of data analysis
4.0 Data presentation and analysis
4.2 Distribution and return of questionnaire
5.0 Summary of findings, conclusion and recommendation
5.2 Summary of the review
5.3 Conclusion of the study
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 03). The Importance Of Internet To Students Of Academic Institutions In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Imo State Univeristy Owerri).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/1054/the-importance-of-internet-to-students-of-academic-institutions-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-imo-state-univeristy-owerri
"The Importance Of Internet To Students Of Academic Institutions In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Imo State Univeristy Owerri)." ProjectStoc.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/1054/the-importance-of-internet-to-students-of-academic-institutions-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-imo-state-univeristy-owerri>.
"The Importance Of Internet To Students Of Academic Institutions In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Imo State Univeristy Owerri).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/1054/the-importance-of-internet-to-students-of-academic-institutions-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-imo-state-univeristy-owerri>.
"The Importance Of Internet To Students Of Academic Institutions In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Imo State Univeristy Owerri).." ProjectStoc.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/1054/the-importance-of-internet-to-students-of-academic-institutions-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-imo-state-univeristy-owerri.
- Related Works
- Bibliographic Information On Mass Media In (2010-2013)
- The Effects Of Poor Funding Of Public Libaries In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Imo State Public Library Owerri)
- Book Acquisition In Academic Libraries Sources And Methods (a Case Study Of Imo State Polytechnic Library Muagwo)
- Acquisition And Management Of Serial In Academic Libraries In Imo State (a Case Study Of Imo State University Library)
- Bibliographic Information On Corruption In Nigeria Political System (2009-2013)
- Bibliographic Survey On Academic Staff Union Of Polytechnic (asup) Strike In Nigeria
- Current Awareness Services And Satisfaction Of The Information Needs Of The Researchers In Nigeria Libraries (a Case Study Of Federal College Of Forestry Technology (f.c.f.t), Ibadan.)
- Resources For Teaching Information And Communication Technology (ict) Related Courses In Library Schools Within South East Nigeria
- The Impact Of Information And Communication Technology (ict) In Nigerian University Libraries
- A Bibliographic Survey On Types Of Libraries In Nigeria (2004 - 2010)