The study of organisation is incomplete without the study of the human component of the organisation. It is the interest in the human aspect of organisation that has led to the study of the means and modes of interaction among the employees in, or the workforce of, an organisation as well as the ways in which these interactions affect the organisation as a whole, in its quest for goal-attainment. In other words, the interest in ascertaining the role of human relations in organisations brought about the study of informal organisation within (and, sometimes, alongside or outside) the formal organisation. This study examines the definitions of organisation, formal organisation and informal organisation; how informal organisations arise; the role of informal organisation in formal organisation; the features of informal organisation; the place and relevance of informal communication in both informal and formal organisation; as well as the advantages and disadvantages of informal organisation. The study relies mainly on secondary data. The study concludes that, despite its shortcomings, the informal organisation plays a vital role in the attainment of the goals of the formal organisation.
Keywords: Organisation, informal organisation, formal organisation
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2015, 09). The Role Of Informal Organisation In Formal Organisations.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 09, 2015, from https://projectstoc.com/read/6405/the-role-of-informal-organisations-in-formal-organisations-8631
"The Role Of Informal Organisation In Formal Organisations." ProjectStoc.com. 09 2015. 2015. 09 2015 <https://projectstoc.com/read/6405/the-role-of-informal-organisations-in-formal-organisations-8631>.
"The Role Of Informal Organisation In Formal Organisations.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 09 2015. Web. 09 2015. <https://projectstoc.com/read/6405/the-role-of-informal-organisations-in-formal-organisations-8631>.
"The Role Of Informal Organisation In Formal Organisations.." ProjectStoc.com. 09, 2015. Accessed 09, 2015. https://projectstoc.com/read/6405/the-role-of-informal-organisations-in-formal-organisations-8631.
- Related Works
- Rural Development - A Means Of Combating Rural/urban Migration (a Case Study Of Njikoka Local Government)
- Strategies For Promoting Productivity In Civil Service (a Case Of Enugu State Civil Service Commission)
- Workers Attitude Towards Changes In Organization (nigerian Institute For Oil Palm Research (nifor) As A Case Study)
- A Comparative Analysis Between Public And Private Sectors
- The Need For Employees Motivation In Local Govt Service (a Case Study Of Akwanga Local Govt Council Of Nasarawa State)
- The Overview Of Local Government Finance In The New Millenium
- Democracy And Islamic Sect/boko Haram In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Goodluck Jonathan Regime)
- Privatisation Of Public Enterprises In Nigerian Economy (problems And Prospects)
- Banking Distress In Nigeria Causes And Implications
- The Problems Of Revenue Allocation And Generation In Local Government In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Agwu And Igbo-eze South Local Government Area, Enugu