The downturn in the fortunes of most business in Nigeria in recent times has been attributed to several factors including global recession inflation fluctuation in the value of the naira etc. However, of all the problems mentioned above, the mismanagement of human resources element has constituted the major problem.
This study is aimed at finding out how the banking industry overcome its training and development of manpower problems in order to maintain its high profitability and performance level. The major problems were discovered to include cost element; inadequate teaching aids, and equipment etc. The prospects include high profit rates, attraction of new customer as well as library sources. The data were collected by personal administering the questionnaires on the respondents and using personnel interview in some cases to verify why the respondents responded the way they did.
The major findings of this research showed that banking industry has an effective and efficient training and development system programme which resulted in high performance and high profitability rates for the bank.
My recommendation includes broadening the context of human resources development to include not only raining and development but recruitment and selection as well as welfare services. In addition, for any bank to stay ahead of completions, it has to continue to train and develop its staff in order to innovative.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1Background of the study
1.2Statement of the Problem
1.3Objective of the Study
1.4Significance of the study
1.4Limitation of the study
Review of related literature
Research design and methodology
3.1Sources of Data
3.2locations of data
3.3Methods of data collection
Recommendations and conclusions
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 12). The Impact Of Training And Development In The Banking Industry.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from https://afribary.com/read/560/the-impact-of-training-and-development-in-the-banking-industry
"The Impact Of Training And Development In The Banking Industry." Afribary.com. 12 2012. 2012. 12 2012 <https://afribary.com/read/560/the-impact-of-training-and-development-in-the-banking-industry>.
"The Impact Of Training And Development In The Banking Industry.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 12 2012. Web. 12 2012. <https://afribary.com/read/560/the-impact-of-training-and-development-in-the-banking-industry>.
"The Impact Of Training And Development In The Banking Industry.." Afribary.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. https://afribary.com/read/560/the-impact-of-training-and-development-in-the-banking-industry.
- Related Works
- The Contribution Of Financial Institution In The Development Of Nigeria Economy
- Problems And Prospects Of Community Banks In The Rural Development Of Nigeria. (a Case Study Of Ogui Community Bank, Enugu South L. G. A.)
- The Effect Of N25billion Naira Minimum Capital Base On The Banking Sector In Nigeria (case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc)
- The Impact Of The New Products Developed In The Banking Industry In Nigeria (1990-2003) (a Case Study Of First Bank Plc State)
- An Assessment Of Credit Management In Nigeria Commercial Banks. (a Case Study Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc) Okpara Avenue Enugu.
- An Appraisal Of Impact Of Electronic Banking In Zenith Bank Nigeria Plc, Kano
- The Impact Of Regulation And Supervision On The Activities Of Banks In Nigeria (an Assessment Of The Role Of The Cbn And Ndic)
- The Problem And Difficulties Being Face By Banks As A Result Of Bank Failure With Specific Reference To Banks.
- Nigeria Bank And Issue Of Distress
- Mortgage Banking And Contributions To Housing Development In Nigeria A Case Study Of Harvard Trust Savings And Loans Ltd