MEANING OF THEORY
Theory like any other concept in management or social science is faced with the problem of generally acceptable definitions. This is as a result of the fact that different writers view it from different perspective.
Theory can be defined as a set of interrelated of concepts and proposition which presented a systematic view of phenomena by specifying relations among variable, with the aim of explain and predicting the phenomena. It can also be defined as a set of systematic, generalized statements, summarizing or joining together a number of propositions into a unified whole, logical structure.
In another definition, theory is a set of related constructs, preposition which is worked in a logical manner with a view to establish relations among variable with the aim of describing and predicting the phenomena.
However, theory can be empirical thus deals with facts, qualities and relationship thereby amenable to empirical
Measurement and verification the subject to hypothesis testing. Theory can be normative in which value judgments, wrong and good, thus subject to hypothesis testing but are treated by referring them to norms of what is right, good which differs from individual to individual or society.
According to Stoner and Freedman (1992) a theory is a Coherent group of assumption put forth to explain the relationship between two or more observable facts which can be used to provide as sound basis for predicting future events.
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 11). What Is A Theory? How And When Is A Theory Advanced.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/5261/what-is-a-theory-how-and-when-is-a-theory-advanced-565
"What Is A Theory? How And When Is A Theory Advanced." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2014. 2014. 11 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/5261/what-is-a-theory-how-and-when-is-a-theory-advanced-565>.
"What Is A Theory? How And When Is A Theory Advanced.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2014. Web. 11 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/5261/what-is-a-theory-how-and-when-is-a-theory-advanced-565>.
"What Is A Theory? How And When Is A Theory Advanced.." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2014. Accessed 11, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/5261/what-is-a-theory-how-and-when-is-a-theory-advanced-565.
- Related Works
- Manpower Development And Workers Productivity In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Enugu State Civil Service Commission)
- The Role Of Effective Administration In The Rapid Social-economic Transformation Of Nigeria
- Job Evaluation. A Tool For Salary/wage Determination.
- The Impact Of Effective Management Of Resources In Solving Unemployment Problem In Nigeria
- Assessment Of The Influence Of Conflict Resolution On The Performance Of Public Organization (a Case Study Of Kaduna State Civil Service)
- The Impact Of Budget Implementation In An Organization (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Works And Housing Awka)
- Management Of Insurance Companies In Nigeria
- An Investigation Into The Problems Of Leadership In Tertiary Institutions A Study Of Federal Polytechnic, Oko.
- Role Of Traditional Authority In Local Government Administration In Nigeria. (a Case Study Of Anambra North Senatorial Zone)
- The Impact And Effectiveness Of Judicial Proceeding And Democratic Government In Nigeria (a Case Study State Of Anambra State)