The banking industry is yet in its formative stage in Nigeria. No country whether developed or developing an afford to over look the directions its banking institution live in their development especial when we consider the unique position of the industry in the pace and direction of economic growth of the nature. There arise a need therefore of state emphatically that the soundness of the individual bark in economy is an infinite asset which act as a dynamic factor of growth to the general economy.
The role of financial institution in facilitating the process of intermediation form surplus economic unit to defect economic and unit become paramount intermediation is the ole the financial institution encounter varies problem in fraud. It is assumed that an alarming proportion that there is no feasible sign near future.
Basically it noted that fraud and loss are expected phenomenon of my business activity the scope and gravity are what create concern in the economy. The stud identifies varies forms and nature of bank fraud clearing fraud forgeries and falsification of account were the most common forms of fraud identified with 33% of banking institution in the economy respectively factors that facilitate fraudulent practices were also identified. These range form the socio economic factors to weak internal control system. This is effort undermines the operation and performance of banks and could be disastrous if there are not curbed.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the study
1.3 Purpose/ objectives of he study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Delimitation of scope and limitation
1.6 Definition of terms
2.0 Review of related literature
2.1 Elements that facilitate fraud in bank
2.2 Securities fraud and other investment fraud
2.3 Cashiering fraud
2.4 Falsification or alteration of account
2.5 Forged cheques bearing forged signature
2.6 Clearing fraud
2.7 Foreign exchange / telex fraud
2.8 The check of fraud in the economy
3.1 Research design and methodology
3.2 Source of data
3.3 Location of data
3.4 Method of data collection
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 11). The Causes And Prevention Of Fraud In Banking Industry.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/4217/the-causes-and-prevention-of-fraud-in-banking-industry-3585
"The Causes And Prevention Of Fraud In Banking Industry." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2014. 2014. 11 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/4217/the-causes-and-prevention-of-fraud-in-banking-industry-3585>.
"The Causes And Prevention Of Fraud In Banking Industry.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2014. Web. 11 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/4217/the-causes-and-prevention-of-fraud-in-banking-industry-3585>.
"The Causes And Prevention Of Fraud In Banking Industry.." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2014. Accessed 11, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/4217/the-causes-and-prevention-of-fraud-in-banking-industry-3585.
- Related Works
- An Examination Of The Problem And Prospect Of Financing State Government Projects Through The Capital Market Presented
- Bank Failure And Economic Development In Nigeria; A Critical Appraisal
- Training And Development Of Human Resources A Critical Factor In Banking Operations (a Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc Enugu Main Branch)
- Bank Failure And Economic Development In Nigeria
- The Incidence Of Bad Debts And Credit Management In Nigeria Commercial Banks
- An Evaluation Of Budgets And Budgetary Control Systems In Medium Scale Industries
- Evaluating The Effects Electronic Data Processing In Community Bank. (a Case Study Of Emene Community Bank Enugu State)
- An Appraisal Of The Role Of Deposit Money Banks In Financing Agricultural Projects In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Selected Deposit Money Banks Enugu Metropolis)
- A Critical Analysis Of Causes And Problem Of Financial Distress In Nigeria Banking Sector (a Case Study Of Afex Bank Plc.)
- The Causes And Effects Of Liquidity Problem On The Nigeria Banking Industry.