We have watched over the decades the problems encountered in acquisition of land and subsequently in obtaining the approval of certificate of occupancy and property development in Nigeria. In the commencement of the Land Use Act 1978, it was stated that whereas it is in the public interest that the rights of all Nigerians to the land of Nigeria be asserted and preserved by law. Our concern is not really another criticism against the Act but an in-depth evaluation of how it has achieved its aim if any in the mass provision of housing to the people. That is, where lays the hope of the masses in the current wave of high cost of acquisition of land? It should be noted that one of the cogent reasons why the Act came into existence was because of the nature of trusteeship of land in the past; it was difficult for just anyone to get access to land. Could we now say it is very easy for just anyone to get access to land? Therefore, this research paper critically re-examined in-depth the motives behind the act vis-a-vis the present realities and the implication on housing provision and property development; evaluate the achievements realized so far in terms of implementation since the promulgation of the act and ways to facilitate and sustain housing delivery; and review the areas of bottlenecks and suggest possible ways of ameliorating the identified problems.
TABLE OF CONTENT
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.2OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
1.3SCOPE OF STUDY
2.2JUSTIFICATION FOR THE RESEARCH STUDY AND METHODOLOGY
3.2THE LAND USE ACT
3.3GENERAL PROVISIONS OF THE LAND USE ACT
3.4SOME OF THE PRESUMED OBJECTIVES OF THE LAND USE ACT ARE AS FOLLOWS
3.4.1APPLICATION FOR A RIGHT OF OCCUPANCY
HOUSING DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
4.1 THE PUBLIC SECTOR CONTRIBUTIONS
4.1.1 PRESENT HOUSING POLICY OF THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT
4.2 OPERATIONS OF PUBLIC HOUSING AGENCIES IN LAGOS STATE
4.2.1 LAGOS STATE DEVELOPMENT AND PROPERTY CORPORATION (LSDPC)
4.3 LAGOS BUILDING INVESTMENT COMPANY (LBIC)
4.4 PRIVATE SECTOR CONTRIBUTIONS IN HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
4.5. LAND LAW AND HOUSING PROVISION AND PROPERTY DEVELOPMENTS IN LAGOS
5.1. SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). The Effects Of Land Use Act On Housing And Property Development In Nigeria.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/297/the-effects-of-land-use-act-on-housing-and-property-development-in-nigeria
"The Effects Of Land Use Act On Housing And Property Development In Nigeria." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/297/the-effects-of-land-use-act-on-housing-and-property-development-in-nigeria>.
"The Effects Of Land Use Act On Housing And Property Development In Nigeria.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/297/the-effects-of-land-use-act-on-housing-and-property-development-in-nigeria>.
"The Effects Of Land Use Act On Housing And Property Development In Nigeria.." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/297/the-effects-of-land-use-act-on-housing-and-property-development-in-nigeria.
- Related Works
- The Effects Of Land Use Act On Sustainable Housing Provision In Nigeria: The Lagos State Experience
- Development Planning In Nigeria: Reflections On The National Economic Empowerment And Development Strategy (needs) 2003-2007
- A Technical Report On The Proposed Landscape Design Of Faculty Of Agriculture
- Health Implcation Of Student Housing In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions: A Study Of Kaduna State College Of Education Gidan Waya.
- Explain Preparation Of New Town Plan
- The Impact Of Oil Spillage On The Built Environment (a Case Study Of Sapele, Delta State)
- Public Latrine System And Its Associated Problems In Awka Capital Territory
- Assessment Of Tourists Perception Of The Yankari Game Reserve As A Tourist Destination
- The Phenomena Of Urban-sprawls And Sub-urban Development
- The Role Of Government Agencies In Urban Housing Delivery Insufficient Political Will And Ineffective Housing Administration In Lagos Metropolis - Case Study Of Ajegunle, Lagos