An extranet extends an intranet by providing various levels of accessibility to authorized members of the public. For example, a corporation may extend their intranet to provide access to specific information, such as their ordering system, to registered customers. The largest and most widely accessed network is the Internet, a worldwide network of computers that is not controlled by any one organization. An intranet is a network that is used by a single organization, such as a corporation or school, and is only accessible by authorized users. The purpose of an intranet is to share information. However, a firewall is also used to lock out unauthorized users. A firewall is a network security system that prevents unauthorized network access. This is the world-wide network of computers accessible to anyone who knows their Internet Protocol (IP) address - the IP address is a unique set of numbers (such as 188.8.131.52) that defines the computer's location. Most will have accessed a computer using a name such as http://www.hcidata.com. Before this named computer can be accessed, the name needs to be resolved (translated) into an IP address.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1.5DEFINITION OF TERMS
1.6 ASSUMPTIONS OF THE STUDY
2.2MORE THAN A NETWORK
3.4 DEFINITIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS
3.5APPLICATIONS AND ISSUES
4.2IMPLICATIONS AND IMPACT
4.3NETWORKING TECHNOLOGY, INTRANET, EXTRANET AND INTERNET AT LIBRARY
4.4TYPE OF UTILIZATION OF THE INTRANET
5.2 LIMITATION OF STUDY
5.3 SUGGESTION FOR FURTHER RESEARCH
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Internet And Extranet In Virtual Private Network.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://afribary.com/read/279/internet-and-extranet-in-virtual-private-network
"Internet And Extranet In Virtual Private Network." Afribary.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://afribary.com/read/279/internet-and-extranet-in-virtual-private-network>.
"Internet And Extranet In Virtual Private Network.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://afribary.com/read/279/internet-and-extranet-in-virtual-private-network>.
"Internet And Extranet In Virtual Private Network.." Afribary.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://afribary.com/read/279/internet-and-extranet-in-virtual-private-network.
- Related Works
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Documentation System Of Court Proceedings (a Case Study Of Federal High Court Enugu State)
- Optimal Cryptographic Techniques
- Design And Implementation Of A Product Distribution Management System A Case Study Fo Nigeria Breweries Limited 9th Mile Corner Enugu
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Banking System (a Case Study Of United Bank For Africa)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computer –based Financial Audit System For A Manufacturing Organization. (a Case Study Of Anammco Ltd Enugu)
- How To Improve Security Electronic Voting
- Design And Implementation Of A Virtual Library System
- The Design And Implementation Of A Computer Pharmaceutical Centre (a Case Study Of Osco Pharmaceutical Centre Warri, Delta State)
- Industrial Application Using Neural Networks
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Information Management System In Seismic Data Processing